Golfers have above average spending power and are more discerning about their food, and this is borne out by the food and wine, which are served either on the terrasse or interior. The service is friendly and efficient and the prices reasonable. The white house wine - Gordonne - at €25 was well chosen and excellent value.
My wife had the hamburger with fries at €18 and two people could have shared it, whilst I had the Lamb Ribs (3) with Courgettes and Fries €20. Service is on proper linen.
The best part is yet to come, there is a self service dessert buffet with and excellent selection of rasberry, strawberry, blackberry tartlets, creme brulee and chocolate mousse. There appears to be no restriction on what you can eat, so puddy lovers get down there fast..
My bill for 2 came to €67.40 including €4.40 for San Pellegrino. Now that's value in the South of France.
There's plenty of free parking
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château de la Bégude, an invitation to relax and unwind in a superb 17th century Bastide. In the heart of the Côte d'Azur, with its gentle way of life, a privileged site combining luxury and authenticity, right in the middle of Opio Valbonne golf course. The main theme throughout the 35 rooms is modern comfort combined with a classic Provence decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau de la Begude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Begude Hotel Opio
- Chateau De La Begude Opio, Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur, France