I loved the rustic building and flowers. Our room was spacious and very comfortable with nice views to the golf course. We also took some nice walks in the surroundings. The downside of the location is that to go anywhere else, you'll need to drive. The roads tend to be busy, so it'll take a while if you want to visit Cannes, Nice, Antibes etc.
The even bigger downside for me (being a vegetarian) was the restaurant. My husband very much enjoyed his dinner but the main course of my ad hoc vegetarian 3-course menu was an omelette with tomatoes and onions! We've travelled a lot in France and normally they'll come up with some creative and delicious options for vegetarians - but not here. The omelette felt almost like an insult and they still charged us nearly the same price for both menus. But that's the only real complaint - I'd go back any time but not to the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château de la Bégude, an invitation to relax and unwind in a superb 17th century Bastide. In the heart of the Côte d'Azur, with its gentle way of life, a privileged site combining luxury and authenticity, right in the middle of Opio Valbonne golf course. The main theme throughout the 35 rooms is modern comfort combined with a classic Provence decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de la Begude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Begude Hotel Opio
- Chateau De La Begude Opio, Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur, France