“HORRIFIED TO READ REVIEW” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med La Plantation d'Albion

Club Med La Plantation d'Albion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albion
DURBAN
“HORRIFIED TO READ REVIEW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Our first trip as a family with two teens to Albion was in July 2011 for 10nights. It was so great, that we booked again for 14 nights in January, and then again for 8 nights in March.
My husband, children and I just love the resort, the ambience, the staff, the food, the everything.
I just read a review from Farhana, and was most horrified to read of her experience with Nirvana. Because of our frequent trips to Albion, we got to know all the Go's quite well, Nirvana included. It was amazing to watch the staff of the mini-club with all the children. The toddlers were so well behaved - the GO's carried them, held their hands and the kids really enjoyed themselves. I watched the mini-club staff with the toddlers often during pancake time, and the children certainly were happy. If they were looked after by GO's who were not happy, it stands to reason that they would be crying and miserable. This was definitely not the case.

The food was awesome - my husband wishes he could take Mylene (from the oriental cusine) home with us. The selection is just so great that I asked for recipes quite often. Needless to say, I haven't prepared anything - I'm waiting for our next trip.

Aurelie, Soundass, Carine and Venus were fabulous in the discovery centre. I have never found them to be anything but happy. I had a booking to Blue Bay, and on the morning of the trip, my son fell ill, so we had to cancel - the staff were quite willing to reverse our booking.

Aziz, Silver, Saya, Rachid, Sharon, Olivier, Mehdi, Andy, Inez, Stephen, Lawrie, Shauna, Sun, Aurelie, Soundass, Carine, and all the rest - you guys are doing a superb job in keeping us all entertained. Thank you so much for making our holidays, days to remember forever. We look forward to our next trip. Love you guys forever.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank TANYA W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

It is a long flight from just about anywhere, but when summer is not yet around the corner and you seek sunshine this is a good option. The resort is located on 22 ha of well kept grounds so you do not feel that you are sharing it with 600-700 people. In general the quality of the resort is good with special attention paid to sports and entertainment. The best asset is the team, which is very enthusiastic and helpful. The food is quite acceptable given the format of the resort (high volume buffet style all-inclusive). The wines a la carte a quite pricey, like on most of the islands. The rooms are better than at most of Club Med resorts - they are quite large with comfortable bathrooms and plenty of storage space. The swimming pools are great and there is an option for adults to relax in a quite Zen pool. The beach is not so great - mostly stones and gravel. We were surprised that there were lots of flies in the dining area, perhaps something seasonal. The mini clubs are very nice and the GOs are great with children. It also provides opportunity for adults to have their own program.

Room Tip: We were staying with two children and had two interconnecting rooms, which was very convenient
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Oleg_Myshkin
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med La Plantation d'Albion, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Great Member,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to write this review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our La Plantation d’Albion Club Med Resort. We are happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your holidays and that you liked the Resort location and facilities - such as the swimming pool- and the friendliness of our staff.

We are also glad to see that you had a beautiful weather, far from the grey sky of London!

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts.

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Came to Club Med with my wife, two kids and in-laws. The hotel is fantastic, the people are great, the rooms fine, the weather was superb, the food good.... what more to ask for?

I've read some complaints about the GOs and I have to disagree. Everyone we met, and I mean everyone was helpful, polite, kind, caring, friendly... some are still in contact now and asking when we are going back! From Sonika who greeted us, to Amanda, Nirvana and Jeff in Kids Club, to Mehdi, David and Bebe as well as Silver doing the various sports, plus the water sports people, the restaurant staff.. the list goes on and on. I cannot find fault with anyone and apologise if I have not listed all the names here - there are too many.

The hotel is spread out, so there is plenty of walking involved but they have to buggies to get you there. Being so big, even when full or partially full, it doesn't feel like it at all and given my father-in-law had trouble walking around, he managed well.

I'd happily go back and spend another holiday there. I'd have no issues leaving the kids with Kids Club either.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for writing this great review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our La Plantation d’Albion Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your family had a good time and that you enjoyed the Resort facilities, the quality of the food and our staff dedication and friendliness!

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts!

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was in Albion in february 2012 with my husband. It was the best time with clubmed. Everything was so good, the food, the weather is so comfortable, nightshows always were fun and especially a Michael Jackson show was amazing! I didn't see a flights at all! The service is on top! everywhere: on the beach, in bar, cleaning rooms. EVERYTHING is just for you, to have a really nice rest. All GOs were so kind and friendly that I really want to come back. We are going in september and october. And now when I know all GOs from miniclub I will take there my three kids for sure! Especially Nirvana! She is kind and friendly with nice smile and opened heart! I believe my kids will like this island as we did and they'll fill comfortable!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I came to club med with my husband and three kids. I have travelled a lot and always fad problems with who will take care of the kids when we want to go out but club med kept my kids so busy I hardly ever saw them. There was one girl in particular that impressed my kids, her name is Nirvana. Almost a year later they are still asking me when are we visiting nirvana again or can't we invite her to come go SA.she is excellent with kids cub med is lucky to have her her.Thanx Nirvana for your kindness

• Stayed July 2011
Umhlanga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was in the travel industry for 15 years and travelled extensively during that time. I've been to Mauritius 8 times and Seychelles 10 times. Prior to having children, I preferred the Seychelles, but the kids clubs in Mauritius are a must, if you want a break. I have stayed at several 5 star hotels in Mauritius and found the kids club at Club Med d'Ablion to be the best. The staff are excellent...from Coco to Nirvana and co. They go out of their way to entertain the kids and are very friendly. Nirvana even climbed up a tree pretending to be stuck so the kids could help her down. I note that there has been a negative review about Nirvana, perhaps she was having an 'off' day, happens to all of us! This certainly didn't occur during out 10 days there in Dec 2011.
The suites are good value for money and are lovely. I wouldn't stay in any other category room.
The beack certainly isn't the best but the pool is lovely. The service and food are good and we had a great time. Look forward to see you again very soon!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

i am shocked and horrified to read Farhana's comments about Nirvana at the mini club we have recently just returned from our second trip to la plantation d'albion within the last in 6 months and have no idea what this review can be based on - Nirvana who was at the mini club on both of our visits was a top favorite with both of our children aged 2 and 4 and certainly with us too. She is fantastic with all of the children who absolutely love her and she is always smiling and can not do enough to help anyone.......... i have no idea how anyone think that she hates children as from my point of view she loves them and that is clear to see from the way she interacts with them - in fact the mini club GO's are one of the main reasons for our return trip this time round they are all great with the children and i would strongly recommend the mini club for their level of care and fun that they have with the children WE LOVE ALL OF THE MINI CLUB STAFF ESPECIALLY NIRVANA................. and it is for this reason that we will return again - the sports team are also great with the kids Silver was another top favorite with my daughter and he even got her loving the trapeze - which is something i never thought she would ever do - my children had the best holiday ever this time round mainly due to all of these GO's and they have boosted their confidence beyond belief............

the flies were very annoying this time round but there has been a lot of rain recently and there is not much that one can do to kill off the fly population !!!!!!!! the mosquitos weren't great either in fact they were pretty bad - when we go back we will go in november again when we had no flies or mosquitos.........

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albion
Constance Le Prince Maurice
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,389 reviews

Been to Club Med La Plantation d'Albion? Share your experiences!