Stayed here for two weeks mid October. The weather was overall pretty good, had a fair bit of rain in the evenings and a few odd showers here and there but mostly sunny and very hot. Make sure you take enough sun cream and high factors- the sun is very very strong.
We took the speed boat transfer which was quite choppy and took a lot longer than 90 mins, I would not recommend if you have back problems or pregnant as some of the landings were very hard and I was definetly aching from it the next day. Upgrading to the sea plane is $150 per person at the resort.
The resort is nice and the rooms are kept well cleaned. The outside bathroom started to smell a bit damp after a few days of rain and high humidity but you can't really help that. We had beach bungalow 320 which has a small sanded area before a wall to the lagoon, we had trees either side so only really got the sun in the afternoon.
The food is lovely, there's a good selection and always something new to try. The staff everywhere are lovely especially the first choice rep Gerard! The all inclusive cocktail menu could use updated, only a couple are actually nice and that's depending on who makes them! Ellaidho dream is my fav!
You could easily pack light, we didn't use it but they have a laundry service where you can get all your clothes washed for only $35 for your stay, as many times or items as you want!
Snorkelling is a must! Buy an underwater camera! I'm not a great swimmer so I didn't venture outside the wall much but you'll still see lots of fish in the lagoon. Be careful of the trigger fish.
Excursions are expensive, we only tried sunset fishing and failed to catch a fish!! But the sunset was beautiful and there were so many stars it was amazing!
Overall I loved it. Take a few good books,a snorkel, some sun cream and enjoy.
Hopefully we'll be back sometime...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon, like all nature's wonders, is blessed with a spectacular offering for marine enthusiasts, is known the world over as the dive island in the Maldives.In the shade. Under the palms. On the Beach. Over the water. There are plenty of stylish types of living spaces to choose from at Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon. The 112 rooms are delightfully designed to blend in with the tropical backdrop and its natural environment.A stunning location combined with star-class facilities and outstanding levels of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Hotel North Ari Atoll
- Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Resort