Just got back from a fantastic time from our holiday to Chaaya reef, we went with some friends and stayed in a beach bungalow, the room was excellent and just what we wanted. We decided to upgrade to a water bungalow for the last five nights of the holiday for a change and they were very good to, yes you could hear people in the next room but the island are addressing that and will be putting sound proofing in soon, but saying that they are excellent rooms.
We cannot say enough about the island and it’s staff, we have been to 5 other islands and even though this one did not have as much sand as the others it in our opinion was probably the best island we have been to.
The staff all over the island were excellent and did everything they could to make you feel welcome and looked after, take the time to talk with the staff and this will make your stay an even better one.
The staff in the main bar (The Rock, Harry Potter and the others) were excellent and they were very helpful and great fun.
Mr Donald is the main man and nothing is to much trouble and he is a top bloke. The pool boy Upul (I think this is how you spell his name) is the best pool boy we have had the pleasure of meeting.
Prem Kumar the island General manager is an excellent manager and really try’s his best to give all the guests the best holiday they can.
Whilst we were there I was lucky to play in two of the Maldivian world cup games for the island team and had a fantastic time and enjoyed the company of the staff and the teams from the other island, my friend who went with me helped manage the team whilst I played in goal.
All in all us and our friends had a fantastic time and we are looking forward to returning to this island. They staff are a credit to the island, the food is fantastic, the snorkelling is the best and cannot say enough about the island, stop thinking about it just book it.
Just waiting for some picture from the island of the football teams and will post the pictures later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon, like all nature's wonders, is blessed with a spectacular offering for marine enthusiasts, is known the world over as the dive island in the Maldives.In the shade. Under the palms. On the Beach. Over the water. There are plenty of stylish types of living spaces to choose from at Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon. The 112 rooms are delightfully designed to blend in with the tropical backdrop and its natural environment.A stunning location combined with star-class facilities and outstanding levels of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Hotel North Ari Atoll
- Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Resort