We have spent 8 days on this wonderful island with my love. The weather was great we had no rainy day! The island is quite big and beautiful. It is goodmidea to rent a bycicle for some days, with that you can discover this island. Intersting is the daily shark and sting ray feeding. Snorkeling near to the beach is disapointing. Local people say that 10 years ago the sea was rich with fishes and corals and shells, but tourists took them to home during the past years. But at the italian restaurant you have chance to look under the big sea!!
The best beach we found at the sport centre, there is no such wind, and the water is clear and hot.
We could not sleep in the room because it was near to the disco, so if you want to sleep at night you should avoid rooms 178-200.
The meal could be better ( more various dishes), butnit was ok. The staff is polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island measuring about 1.6 km in length and around 380 meters in width has 350 elegantly furnished guestrooms, including 72 water bungalows, out of which, 4 are Presidential Suites, 218 Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows and 60 Deluxe Beach Bungalows. All Deluxe and Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows are built on the beach ensuring a direct view of the shore and sea. All Water Bungalows are built on stilts in the lagoon overlooking the vast horizon of either the sunrise or sunset view, from your private deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Island Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Sun Island Resort Maldives
- Sun Island Maldives
- Hotel Sun Island