This island is big with roughly 550 rooms. It is very helpful to hire bicycle since some rooms on the island are 10 minutes walking from the restaurant. We stayed first on Vila garden which are not on the beach and than on standard bungalow which was 10 meters from the sea and had private beach bed . The two minus in the hotel is the restaurant which is huge and with standard food, and the entertainment which was some how poor. The staff is very nice. We stayed on HB base, which was good because we eat lunch on the Thai Italian and the natural restaurants which were nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island measuring about 1.6 km in length and around 380 meters in width has 350 elegantly furnished guestrooms, including 72 water bungalows, out of which, 4 are Presidential Suites, 218 Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows and 60 Deluxe Beach Bungalows. All Deluxe and Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows are built on the beach ensuring a direct view of the shore and sea. All Water Bungalows are built on stilts in the lagoon overlooking the vast horizon of either the sunrise or sunset view, from your private deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sun Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Sun Island Resort Maldives
- Sun Island Maldives
- Hotel Sun Island