We stayed at this island the last two weeks of April. The weather was boiling hot every day no rain.
Service in all of the bars and Restauants were of very high standard.
Staff were also great very friendly.
Rooms very basis but clean. (cleaned twice every day)
Best location on the island is rooms 185 to 210. Lovely beach there.
The Italian and Thai Restauant were good went there 3 times.
Air transfer was great.
Food in main restauant was good every day it would change menue.
You were given your own table for the whole two weeks.
Not so good points (but did not change our holiday)
A tipping island.
Bed chairs around swimming pool need to be changed
Swimming pool needs updating.
We would go back to this island next week if we could but the prices for next year have gone up to much for us. May be try Mauritius in stead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island measuring about 1.6 km in length and around 380 meters in width has 350 elegantly furnished guestrooms, including 72 water bungalows, out of which, 4 are Presidential Suites, 218 Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows and 60 Deluxe Beach Bungalows. All Deluxe and Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows are built on the beach ensuring a direct view of the shore and sea. All Water Bungalows are built on stilts in the lagoon overlooking the vast horizon of either the sunrise or sunset view, from your private deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sun Island Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Sun Island Resort Maldives
- Sun Island Maldives
- Hotel Sun Island