Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Gasfinolhu Island Resort(Gasfinolhu Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Club Med Kani(Kanifinolhu Island)
Season Paradise(Thulusdhoo Island)
  • Breakfast included
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives(Farukolhufushi Island)
Raalhu Lodge(Himmafushi Island)
Gili Lankanfushi(Lankanfushi)
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
  • Pool
Asdu Sun Island(Asdhoo Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
2,016 results
All reviewsour waiterocean villasmain barbeach barfishall inclusive packageroom boyour honeymoongarden villaevening entertainmentmeal timescurriessurf breaklunch and dinnerbeautiful islandper devicereef shoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our second trip to this island, same time one year later.
My husband and I are both surfers, and think the setup and waves on this island are great, and there is nothing better than sitting on the decking after a day's surfing watching the sunset with an ice cold beer or cocktail.

The staff were equally as helpful and friendly - without fault, service brilliant.

However - and yes there is a but this year....

The whole island was looking a bit more tired.... our room (the same as the previous year) had more mildew and mouldy areas in it... the pictures were still warped and twisted where the aircon kept leaking on it, the bathroom separate shower only worked intermittently and the drainage kept getting blocked. We saw a few small bugs in the bed - no fleas but similar and fly sprays didn't seem to get rid of them. The TV was old and didn't really get a reception (not that we were really in the room that much, but worth noting for those with children etc).
Ask for a second sheet to keep your wife warm at night if you have the aircon on - i got chilly but my husband was just right.

The food seemed to have dropped a little in standard this year... the meat seemed very chewy or full of splintered little bones so beware! They have included a made to measure pasta area some nights which was good (if you like pasta) but after 2 weeks we were fed up of the same sauce and three veg in it haha.

The hotel was half empty during our stay this year - not sure why, but I cannot see it getting any busier next year unless changes are made.

There is still little entertainment in the evening... the same maldivian drummers once a week (they have been doing the same thing for years apparently), and the disco bar plays very loud music which some families found kept their children up at night - even if it was empty, which it was every night we visited it. The karaoke nights (tuesday and saturday) were the highlight :-)

So in summary great for surfers for the money but otherwise maybe try a different island.

We will be unable to go back as they are prohibiting surfing on the island unless you buy a surf pass from next year - even if you do not want to go on the boat trips... you can only book these on the Adaaran website or through world surfaris... this means the price has gone from roughly £3500 for 2 of us for 2 weeks all inclusive (including flights etc) to £6000+ not even including flights. Apparently it is to reduce the numbers o surfers to make it more exclusive and a luxury destination.

If i had that kind of money to spend I would definately be going somewhere else.
Shame - but good memories.

Be aware of the above surf policy when booking!

Room Tip: Go for the far side of the island if you have children so as to reduce the noise of the disco bar!
8  Thank Sarah1980_uk
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I had an absolutely fantastic honeymoon at the Adaaran Hudhuranfushi resort. The weather was great, the accommodation was clean tidy and cool, the grounds were constantly being tidied and spruced up, the food was good of very good quality and a good variety was always there. The spa was exceptional and well worth the money for treatments. The only down side was the wi-fi availability and the quality of it when you did manage to connect, but this is only a minuscule thing in the grand scheme of things.
Not sure why people claim the place is tired and they experienced poor service, I would highly recommend the resort and would go back there in a heartbeat!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a beach villa between 170 and 220 as they are on the sheltered side of the island and has the best beaches.
1  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We just returned from 7 days here. We booked through World Surfari's and they were excellent to deal with! Even included a packing list and Changi airport vouchers. We flew with Singapore airlines from Sydney to Singapore then Singapore to Male. Seriously the best airline I have ever flew with so if your coming from Australia fly Singapore!

Anyway I'll start off by saying this resort is great for surfers or like me (a girlfriend of a surfer!)

The Surf:
There is a left called Lohi's on one side of the island and my partner got great waves every day(3 times a day). If your happy with lefts I would recommend not buying the surf pass as we found my partner didn't use it as much as the resort break and wasn't worth pre paying for it through World Surfaris. If the waves weren't on at Lohi's they weren't on anywhere else. But we had surf every day and the breaks weren't very crowded at this time of year. (although we hear it gets very crowded around July-September is the best time to go I was told by someone who has been there numerous times).

The Beach Villas:
The reviews on here are true- the villas are a little tired. You do sleep on two singles pushed together with no blankets (aircon gets cold with just a sheet sometimes) but overall they were ok. I will say the TV was not digital and old but we didn't watch it anyway, you could see poor workmanship in the painting and joining (such as a few tiles were loose in the bathroom) and the bed was very hard. The pictures on the walls had cracks in the frames and looks very tired too. Just little things that could be easily fixed and I believe they are doing up the rooms as some looked newer than others? But the outdoor shower was great! Aircon also worked really well too. You hardly spend much time in your room anyway so who cares! However, we had perfect weather there so if it rained it might be an issue. I just wanted to mention it. For the price we paid I expected more as we have gotten way better rooms for half the price in other countries. Hopefully they do them up a bit!

Room Boy:
Room boy was excellent (Suku was his name) and he gave us extra beach towels when requested and also more pillows. He even made our bed up one night with a love heart in flower petals. We tipped him well for his hard work!

Location:
As mentioned in other reviews the beaches are white sand and blue water- to die for! This place is really all about the location! Surf was brilliant every day for us. So was the weather. The coral has been damaged by the Tsunami but there is still a lot and plenty of fish, eels and reef tip sharks. The sunset side of the island is where we stayed and seemed cooler with the breeze but the water/ beach was not as nice but it was easier to walk to the surf from there or the nicer side of the island and restaurant in a few minutes. It takes about 15mins to stroll around the island. The snorkelling was best off the jetty near the harbour on the house reef and we seen lots of fish, a turtle and a sting ray. We also did the snorkelling tour to manu? (I think it was called) and it was great too but I heard the better snorkelling trip is to another island starting with T (the trip that goes on Saturday).

Food:
The food was great if you are not fussy. I liked it all mostly but it did get a little repetitive and I found myself craving grilled chicken or a nice steak and fresh vegies(not frozen). But they had a wide range of buffet foods such as indian curry's, pastas, breads, salads, fresh cucumber and fruit, stir frys, fresh grilled fish, egg man for breakfast who made eggs or omelettes (poached would have been nice), ice cream (weird at lunchtime and was often melted but what do you expect on a tropical island!) and one day they even had mini burgers and fries for lunch which was awesome. That being said some of it wasn't cooked as good as we do it here and was often tough meat or tasteless. Just in comparison with other resorts in other countries I have been to the range was not as wide as I have seen and more dishes such as pizza, seafood, lasagne, noodles, grilled chicken, pancakes, more fruit etc could be incorporated to improve it. Service was excellent and you always had a drink on the table! (water or beer) Overall we didn't go hungry and there was always something nice to eat:)

Drinks:
As they don't drink alcohol over there I don't think they have much idea on making cocktails. They were wayyy too strong and usually I can drink strong cocktails but they just got sickly after 2! The barmen need to use shot glasses and not free poor. Also the juices included in the AI package is just concentrate juice which is also not watered down enough and is too strong. I would have liked to have seen more decoration and fresh fruit used such as the coconuts or pineapples they have on the island. The wine was also goon sack and I can usually drink that but not this one. It was pretty horrible! However the beer was great. Lion beer from India. Good stuff and was served nice and cold!

Another thing was that they need more sunbeds for the beach. It was so hard trying to get one as most people "bags" them with a towel in the morning. The watersports should also be free as paying $20 USD for a canoe is a bit steep.

Overall, the grounds were very clean( thanks to the gardeners), rooms clean and ok, food pretty good, location excellent and surf excellent. But for the price we paid we probably wouldn't go back unless it was for the surf. We did have a wonderful time and relaxed a lot but next time I think we would try another island that is better value for money. This is an excellent place for surfers but honeymooners who spend most of their time in bed pick another island! (p.s the ocean villas-half have just burned down and they look pretty small and the burnt villas would ruin your serenity!)

If your not fussy about the room, food or drinks go for it! It was very minor things and we had the best holiday but for the fussy people I wanted you to be aware :)

Room Tip: rooms 190-220 have the best beach but is furthest from the surf break and eating area. Room 110 was our room and was close to everything which was great for us!
4  Thank TerryTransporter
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have just got home after 7 relaxing nights on the Hudhuranfushi Resort which we booked through Hayes & Jarvis

Having stayed at Adaaran Selects other island Meedhappuru back 3 years ago for our Honeymoon (which Virgin travel badly screwed up) we decided to try this one for our wedding anniversary.

Now im not going to use the cliché words like ‘Paradise’ and ‘Heaven’ as everyone has their own idea of what these words mean to them but I will describe it as wonderful and tranquil. Before leaving I did read some reports of bad decoration and building rubble…. So all im going to say is its sad when people concentrate on silly things like the decoration when they are staying on an island as rich in beauty and wildlife as this and as for the rubble…take a closer look and you will see it’s chunks of the remnants of the pools from the east side of the island that got destroyed by the tsunami which drives home just how fragile these Islands actually are and how hard the staff work to keep it alive.

The other thing you will see is most of the coral by the shore was destroyed by the Tsunami but there’s still a good selection of fish to see and as the waters so shallow you can walk a good 200yrds out under the water bungalow walkway to where the corals starting to regenerate you will see a fantastic array of fish but you may find that the current can be quite strong from time to time oh and don’t forget your coral shoes as the sand can be quite sharp.

The staff are fantastic and very polite and do a cracking job of keeping the island clean and the rooms are cleaned twice a day and local bottled water is supplied, all the rooms are air conditioned with minibars……. On the subject of minibars … Evian water will cost you $3.50 + 8% tax each!!

We had room number 164 which is by the beach bar, try and get any of the rooms from 160 – 180 as its quieter with good beaches and it’s a nice relaxing walk in the evening through the illuminated trees after having dinner and great for watching the sunrise and sunset.

Now im not going to comment on food as everyone’s tastes are different but it was fantastic for my taste buds and very will cooked and the buffet range was brilliant and you will get your own table and waiter for the duration of your stay.

There’s some forms of entertainment on the island such as fish feeding off the jetty at 9pm which is good but I think it should be renamed to Black Tip Shark feeding as that’s the main ‘fish’ that makes an appearance… nice little tip for you …during the day take a walk further down the jetty to the fishing boats that come in and be prepared… you see loads more species of fish being fed including Moray eel.

On the Island they have a spa called the Coconut Spa….. they offer a vast range of massages which start at $60 + 8% tax and GST … both me and the wife had a massage done and we were both in the same room together… take it from me don’t be deceived as these little Chinese girls have some serious power in their hands as I felt like I had been run over by a truck!!! My back felt great afterwards though so well worth every dollar.

There is a small downside though….. this Island is a surfers paradise (damn I used that word) and what does tend to happen is the parents go surfing dumping the kids at the pool as was the case of 2 Australian families that were there together on holiday which resulted in the 5 kids (ages 6-11) fighting with a lot of screaming swearing and punches being thrown by the oldest boy, which made being at the pool unbearable and also it does state clearly that children under the age of 14 are to be supervised by an adult…. Which didn’t seem to make much difference even when the kids parents were there!!

Just some things that you may want to be aware of at the time of writing this…

In July over half of the Water bungalows were destroyed by fire which is a real shame but work is being carried out to repair/rebuild where they stood but you wouldn’t notice the guys working unless you really looked and even then you may see the builders wading through the waters pushing rafts of debris.

Want to contact home??? Well mobile phone charges for me on Vodafone were £1.25 per min and another guy I spoke to who was on O2 was paying £6 per min so my advice is use Skype and by some credits and buy an Internet password card whilst your there.

Pack some lightweight shower coats as when it rains like it did when we were there … it really pours down!!!

Something that did annoy me a little was if you check out at 12pm and the speed boat doesn’t collect you till 4.30pm as was the case with us, you will only get breakfast… No lunch, which is approx $25 per head and snacks are $10 for a coffee or juice with a sandwich from the bar……

If you are reading this whilst trying to decide which resort to go to and it has a seaplane transfer you may want to take note that at time of writing this, Qatar Airways (and some others may follow suit) have put up their baggage allowance has now gone up to 30kg per suitcase as of the 1st of September but the Maldivian seaplanes are still limited to 20kg.

Room Tip: try and get rooms at the top of the island 160 - 180 and on the speed boat if you have a bad back try and get the rear seat as it can get quite rough at times
4  Thank badlyburnt
Reviewed 1 October 2013

i have spent 2 weeks on huduranfushi in may and was little bit unlucky with the weather. The Resort it self is nice and cozy and the guys from Diving center are very helpful and friendly. i can t say i liked the food in the main restaurant much, since the quality and freshness is not great. liked the fresh fish everyday though. as well the meals in Lohi´s bar are very tasty and it is a great place to watch waves and hang out with your friends. will definitely come back next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends