I will start with the positives.
1) The Maldives is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The water is crystal clear and full of marine life.
2) The over the water bungalows are beautifully designed
3) Our butler for the stay was well mannered and happy to assist us
Now for the negatives. Unfortunately there was quite a few :(
1) The all inclusive package is a joke. It is not all inclusive. It does not include all drinks or any water sports
2) The drink options are very poor. The cocktails are made of syrup and an alcoholic beverage. The non alcoholic beverages are worse. They serve cordial and pre mixed cocktails. I would have thought they would have beautiful fruit juices but no fresh juice.
3) The food options are not impressive either. The food was served buffet style. The dishes consisted of rice, curries and some sort of fried food. Most dishes were very spicy which did not bother me but my wife struggled to eat a lot of them. I would have thought for the price we payed to stay there the food choices would be amazing. I imagined having a choice of maybe 5 or 6 dishes and having them cooked fresh. Lucky we only stayed a few nights as I became very bored of the food. I hate to say this but the burger king at the airport had more flavour.
4) Airport pick up. The day we arrived at the airport we expected to be greeted with a sign with our names on it (like most other hotels do). Instead when we arrived we had to go find the booth where the hotel was. When we got there we were told to go stand to the side and wait for the boat. After half an hour of standing in the heat with no one telling us how long it would be I eventually gave up and had to ask how much longer it would be. It turned out it would be another 20 minutes. I find this very poor. Again for the price we paid I would expect to arrive at the airport and be shuttled off.
5) The most disappointing thing occurred on our last day. We had checked out and decided to get some food to eat. After being bored of curry and rice we decided we would try and get a burger. After asking at reception we were directed to Lohi's bar. When we got there the bartender then advised us that he does not sell food at all. When I asked if there was anywhere else I could get food he said the only other place was the main restaurant. We decided we would have one last meal there. When we arrived to the restaurant I advised the server that we had checked out but was happy to pay. He showed us to our table hesitantly and the proceeded to watch our every move to ensure we did not run away without paying. We were half way through finishing out meal when he gave us our receipt. I asked him if he wanted us to pay here or go to the reception - he replied with yes. Due to the confusion I decided to leave my credit card on the bill to see if he wanted me to lay there. After 15
minutes they had not taken my credit card so I figured they wanted me to go to the reception so we proceeded to walk that way. We were then abruptly stopped by 3 staff who then escorted us to reception. We felt very offended and were made to feel like criminals. We had just paid close to $3000 for our stay and then accused of trying to steal a $50 lunch (a major rip off but that is another story). They were not the only staff to be rude as well but other reviewers have already touched on this.
In conclusion I would say the Maldives is an amazing place to stay but I would strongly encourage you to choose another resort. You can do so much better
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi Hotel North Male Atoll
- Huduranfushi Island
- Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi Resort