“Full Guided Tour of Pizzo”

La Dolce Vita Pizzo - Pizzo Tours
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Pizzo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: See the Secret Pizzo tourists don't usually see... our unique Guided Tours are enjoyable, entertaining and informative. Explore the real Pizzo with a knowledgeable and experienced guide. Hear the stories and understand the sights of Pizzo: Cave Church, Tartufo ice cream, Castle, Food & Wine Tasting, Cooking, Medieval Old Town & more. Small private groups. Cost: from €10 pp. See website for details.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Full Guided Tour of Pizzo”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Anna Rose came highly recommended to me by friends who had visited Pizzo on a number of occasions. I had also visited her website www.dolcevitapizzo.co.uk which was highly informative and helpful. I arrived on Monday night and made contact with her, arranging the visit for Wednesday morning to suit me best. Anna's knowledge and understanding of this part of Italy and of Pizzo more specifically is profound and heartfelt, which makes any tour an absolute joy to be on. The visit to the Chiesa di Piedigrotta and then the Castle were two of my highlights.Her experience of living and working in Pizzo gives the tour real authenticity and she provides you with a sense of belongingness to Pizzo in a way that is non-intrusive and friendly. Later on in the evening I bumped into locals whom I'd met on the tour with Anna who remembered me and were so welcoming and warm. I already felt part of the town even as a tourist! A great way to start your holiday!

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Private tour in Calabria”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We booked a private tour with Anna to visit my father's home town of Dipignano, Calabria. Anna was very pleasant, professional, and helpful; without her, this special day would not have been possible!! Although she is based in Pizzo, she was willing to pick us up in Amantea and take us to Dipignano. She had done her homework in searching out possible sites to visit, but was flexible with our plans to spend more time with relatives. Both she and her driver speak Italian well. I'd highly recommend her!

Visited June 2013

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Bello Pizzo Tours”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Fantastic introduction to Pizzo thanks to Anna and her associates. Could not have been more helpful with settling us in and getting off to a great start with her insightful walking tours of the most fabulous little place called Pizzo. Anna loves it here and it's easy to see why. Do come to Pizzo. Do stay at Casa Angelieri. Do have dinner at La Lampala. All recommended by Anna. Fantastico !
Lee

Hong kong
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I only made plans to go to Pizzo in the morning, rang Anna at 1pm and to my surprise (and delight) she was free to take me meet me at 4 for a tour in Pizzo! Anna is very friendly and her knowledge really made my visit much more interesting!

Toronto, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Pizzo Tour!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to honeymoon in the beautiful Capo Vaticano in Calabria. As part of our trip we wanted to see Pizzo and Tropea. We found out about Anna's tour of Pizzo through her website, which is extremely informative. Her site is www.dolcevitapizzo.co.uk. By email she helped us figure out how to get to our resort and navigate the somewhat complicated Tren Italia website.

We took a train to Pizzo (extremely affordable and efficient) and Anna arranged a "taxi" to pick us up.The Pizzo Tour was absolutely magnificent! A teacher by trade, Anna did an excellent job of explaining the important stories and details of Pizzo's historic past. The cave Church by the Sea was a true highlight. Anna pieced together the full story and provides a detailed and enthralling account of the people of Pizzo and their connection to the Catholic Church.

She also made sure to introduce us to the Master Ice Cream Maker, Mario I believe was his name, who makes the worlds best Tartufo's (ice cream covered in hazlenut and chocolate with a chocolate filling).

We asked many questions and Anna had plenty of answers that truly helped my wife (whose family is from Calabria) understand her roots.

I highly recommend Anna to anyone travelling in the Capo Vaticano or going to see Tropea. Pizzo is a short train ride and the tour is most enjoyable! Thanks Anna!