“Breakfast Beware”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Innisfree Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 12 Tobermory B&B and Inns
Waterloo, Canada
“Breakfast Beware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was our 2nd time visiting this B&B. We loved it the first time so thought we would return. This is a very nice, very clean,relaxing place to stay.It has a great view of the Little Tub Harbor and is within walking distance to everything in Tobermory. Our room was nice, awesome shower with lots of water pressure!! My complaint is about the breakfast.It is a cold continental buffet style.Cold meats,cheeses,cold hard-boiled eggs,previously frozen muffins,loaves etc,cereal and bread. B&B stands for Bed and Breakfast,this falls very very short of anything resembling a decent breakfast. This is a pricey place to stay and the breakfast should be much more substantial. When we stayed here in 2010 we were served Bacon, eggs and pancakes. Cold meat and cheese is definitely not anything I would choose first thing in the morning and not your typical Canadian breakfast.If you like cold breakfast served buffet style then this place is perfect for you. Breakfast is only served between 8 and 9am as well.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning, there is a fan in each room, windows are open but it gets very humid i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RPSW

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

My Mom and I stayed at the Innisfree for three nights. Beth was very welcoming, and we loved our room, which had a view of Little Tub Harbour. There were chairs on the deck outside the sliding doors, which in better weather would be very nice.
Beth had excellent advice for day-trips and for a great place to take sunset pictures.
We also appreciated her advice on restaurants.
The continental breakfast was very filling.
Only slight downside is the shared bathroom at the opposite end of the hall, but we ended up not having to share as the other room wasn't occupied.
I would absolutely recommend the Bayview Room if you don't mind a shared bath.
Hope to come back and stay again!

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the Bayview Room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Halton Hills, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We were absolutely delighted with our October stay at Innisfree B&B.
Perfected located in Tobermory, it is in walking distance of everything in town.
The decor is beautiful and welcoming, as well as being very clean!
Expansive views of the harbour from the dining room and comfy lounge and tv room are exquisite!!! We had the good fortune of enjoying a fabulous view from our bedroom window as well.
The owners are friendly and most hospitable without being cloying.
They made us aware of hiking opportunites that we otherwise would have missed.
We loved the breakfast, and greatly appreciated that the owners graciously allowed
us to partake in it before the usual time.
This B&B attracts international travellers as well as those of us who don't have to travel far, for a reason: it possesses a natural, tasteful charm that yields itself to memorable conversations with fellow guests. I savour delightful memories in particular of a couple from the Boston area and another from Northern Germany.
In essence, it feels like 'home' with the freedom that comes from being on holiday.
Thank you, Beth and John, and we look forward to visiting again next year!
Cheers!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bayfield, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

A group of 10 women stayed here for a long weekend of hiking. It worked great for this size a group. The positives are number of bathrooms,very clean,excellent views of harbour,large deck for viewing and friendly hospitality. I would say what keeps it from 5 star rating is breakfasts- lack of variety. They were the same 3 days in a row. Some of the rooms are small but nicely furnished. Also the eating area very open with great views. All and all would recommend. Can't beat location. Beds quite comfortable but is bit noisy in night with people using washrooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Essex, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast, at the start of our honeymoon. It was the perfect location, right on the harbour and close walking distance to all of the stores there. Beth and John were very friendly, and even prepared breakfast for us early, so that we could departure early on the ferry to Manitoulin island. We stayed in the Hopkins room, which is the only room on the main floor, the four other rooms are located upstairs. I would recommended this room, everything is new, very clean, and comfortable. The breakfast is good, with a variety of breads cereals, yogurt, fruit and cheese, etc. There is a very nice living that the guests are able to use, to watch tv, or sit by the fireplace. For breakfast there are nice tables to sit infront of a large window, looking out to the water. We would stay again at this bed and breakfast, and would highly recommend to others who are travelling to Tobermory.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Hopkins room, which is the only room located on the main floor, the four other...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Coquitlam, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

While it's true that Innisfree Bed & Breakfast has a wonderful location in the heart of Tobermory on the Little Tub Harbour, I didn't love it. True it was very clean, had a lovely balcony from which to enjoy the many boats entering and exiting the Harbour, which we could just see from our room window, but, to my mind, it wasn't worth the price we paid. Of the four B & B's we stayed in this summer, it was the most expensive but offered the fewest "amenitie/niceties". Admittedly, I was a bit put off when, after reserving our room, I received a lengthy confirmation e mail outlining the many do's and don'ts associated with the B & B - something I've never received before or since. Beth and John were friendly enough and I'm sure that they would have been happy to provide any information that you might want about the area and Beth did provide us with some dinner recommendations. Still I had the sense that the B & B is set up more for the host's ease than the guest's comfort. The cold continental breakfast, which was extensive and could be quite filling but did not vary on the two mornings that we spent at the B & B, definitely struck me as being a matter of convenience and ease for the hosts. And admittedly, for me, a good hot breakfast, something I would make only on weekends, is a highlight of a B & B stay. My other complaint, would be poor acoustics in the bedrooms. We could hear taps running and toilets flushing in nearby bathrooms but, more importantly, we could hear very noisey, late arriving guests. As the hosts do not reside in the house where the B & B rooms are and the noise wasn't ending, I found it necessary to ask the guests to please be quiet. All in all, I think I wouldn't have minded the small room, the less than perfect accoustics and the cold breakfast had the price for the room we had been more in keeping with the services provided.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank schark
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This lovely little B&B is in the delightful town of Tobermory on the tip of the Bruce Peninsula. Beth and John McDonald give you a friendly welcome and Beth was informative and helpful about the local area. We followed up all her suggestions and had a wonderful stay.

The rooms are a bit on the small side, and some do not have a great amount of storage space, but they are spotlessly clean and one of our rooms had the most amazing view of the harbour with a terrace to sit out and enjoy it.

Breakfast is good and there is plenty to eat. Yes, it is restricted to between 8 and 9 am, but as Tobermory is a place for enjoying the stunnding Ontario outdoors, why would anyone want to stay in bed any later? (Also the Manatoulin island ferry sometimes sounds its horn at just before 7am so it's quite hard to sleep after that time any way)

We stayed four nights which was just enough time to take a day trip to Flowerpot Island, do a wonderful hike on part of the Bruce Trail and go to some stunning beaches nearby. The water in Georgian Bay looks like the Med and I had to keep reminding myself that this was fresh water, not sea.

Some of our fellow (Canadian) guests were amazed that we had found this gorgeous spot on our first visit to Canada, when it had taken them many years to get there. I would certainly return and would gladly choose Innisfree again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank veronica-ks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
#12 of 12 in Tobermory
Cedar Vista Motel
Cedar Vista Motel
#7 of 12 in Tobermory

Been to Innisfree Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!