Wireless Bay Cottages
Escarpment Heights Motel and Cottages(Tobermory)(Great Value!)
Adventure the Bruce Inn(Tobermory)(Great Value!)
US$131
Blue Bay Motel(Tobermory)
Coach House Inn(Tobermory)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsheron cottagerae raedish soapfire pitblue heron cruiseswalk into townthe main stripstay there againharbourside moteltheir websiteparking lotflowerpot islandjuniperdockaccommodationsofficeloft
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at Wireless Bay Cottages in June 2013 as part of a scuba diving trip in Tobermory. I rented Cabin 2 - the old rustic one. And like the booking website said, it was old and rustic... but it was affordable, clean and comfortable. For a diver, it had places for us to hang out out wet suits and gear to dry. We had everything that we needed. Our friends stayed in the New Cabin 1 and it was very nice and completely redone. There are common areas with Fire Pits, BBQs and picnic tables that were great for us to all gather at. There is fire wood available to purchase on site. The staff were friendly and very helpful. When I go back to Tobermory to dive, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Awful location? More like the best location in town. Off the beaten path but a short and easy walk into town. On a private shoreline, the only one in town I dare say. Cottages vary from rustic to excellent. All are clean and well equipped with all the necessities. Staff is excellent and friendly. Pets are welcome. Has wireless internet that works good enough to check your email...relax you are on vacation anyways. We have been going here for 4 years and would not stay anywhere else and expect better service. A++++

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank brentzach
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at the Wireless bay cottages, specifically in the "Juniper" cabin. It's a two bedroom cottage. There were four of us and for our needs, the cottage was perfect on the inside. Yes, it's really small and has a kitchen that can't physically fit more than two people at a time, but as I said, for our needs it was just fine.

When I called to book this cottage I asked if there was a fire pit and sitting area, which there is. HOWEVER, noone mentioned to me that the fire pit and seating area is literally right next to a bus station for one of the ferries. So all day long we had people walking past our sitting area, it was very noisy. When we left our cottage for a bit and came back, there were people sitting all around our fire pit and even using the picnic table as a change station for a baby. We had people asking to use our washroom and to heat up baby formula for them. We were extremely unimpressed as during the day there was no chance to have a relaxing stay at our cottage. Even when we were inside the cottage with the door open to get a breeze, we still had people walking up to the cottage and asking questions. I think they assumed we were part of the bus terminal right next to us.

If the geniuses that own this cottage would at least put a fence up around the property, it wouldn't be so bad. I've included a picture that shows how close the cruise / bus pick up location is to the cottage sitting area.

After about 9 pm once the bus terminal was closed, it was very quiet. So at least our nights were peaceful. I wish someone told us about that before we booked the cottage. All in all, fine cottage, very close (2 min walk) to the main strip, but we would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Juniper Cottage
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank dandi345
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Very clean cottages, and wonderful people. Very enjoyable time. Fire pits, BBQ's, chairs, very short walk to Town, right on the water. Life doesn't get any better. We plan on going back, our dog loved it too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dianne P
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is by far the cleanest cottage I've ever stayed in - the room was quaint, the people were so friendly (Thanks to RED for making it even better!) and the weather was amazing! It does get pretty cold at night, but it kept all the mosquitoes away, so no complaints. Definitely heading back next year with a few friends!

Room Tip: Cottages 4, 6, and 7 are the newest addition to the property. Had stayed in cottage 5 which is older and good for a couple and two children (sofa bed)! All 4 are right on the water with fire pits and picnic tables as well as bbqs available within a few seconds of walking!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple