“Had a high expectation.”
Review of Molinari's - CLOSED

Molinari's
Cuisines: Italian
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a high expectation.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went there with my girl-friend around 2pm today, and it took us a bit of time to find it. I was happy that we found it, however we were disappointed when we were told that they were preparing for dinner and only had meat sauce spaghetti and tomato basil sauce spaghetti available. We were so hungry and we both went with the meat sauce spaghetti; We also had lemonata drink with our meal. To be honest, the spaghetti was average in my opinion, okay portion size. The service was okay, there was no table touching or follow up after sending our spaghetti dishes; i expected the service to make up for the food but it never did. I decided to give this restaurant a 2 out of 5 because of the food and the service and most importantly, it costs us 40 dollars not including tips to have two plates of spaghetti and two lemonata. When I was about to pay, the waiter who was billing me said one of the phases i hated the most " Just letting you know, tips are not included". Tips are never mandatory and the amount of tips is in direct proportion to the quality of service and food provided. From my experience at this restaurant i could have given them a 5% tips but instead I was not ready for it to ruin my day so I gave 7 dollars in the end. This meal, two plates of regular meat sauce spaghetti($15 dollars each) with two tin cans of Lemonata($2.5 Dollars each) cost me 47 dollars! All I can say is that it does not live up to its reputation and review.

1 Thank Clark1004

Saskatoon, Canada
“Appearances can be deceiving”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Molinari's sits at the end of the docks in Tobermory looking out over the harbour and beautiful Georgian Bay. Great location but, as others have noted, the interior isn't pretty... the school cafeteria picture wasn't completely inaccurate. But my cafeteria never fed me anything near this amazing food. Authentic Italian cuisine beautifully prepared and presented. Server was helpful and the chef (open kitchen) made some great recommendations. Was with a group that required both vegan and gluten free portions and everyone left having been graciously accommodated and satisfied with tasty meals. And dessert... creme brule or cheesecake both made on site and delicious with that last espresso of the day.

Guelph, Canada
“FIFA World Cup and Perfect Pasta”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Thanks to the skilled staff at Moli Nari's for a fun afternoon with sublime food for the World Cup.
We had a perfect split of supporters for Germany and Argentina. (GO GERMANY!!!!!)The great casual surroundings right on the dock and great food and service put a cap on a most enjoyable afternoon. We appreciated the hospitality-no TV at the cottage-would definitely go back-a very deft hand with the pasta Chef--sorry for your luck(Argentina supporter) Great desserts-cheesecake and creme brulee, super coffee. Thanks for a great afternoon!

London, Canada
“BAD IMPRESSION”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Location was perfect...but that was it.
Don't like to bad mouth any place and won't here either, just our honest appraisal. Had heard about the place and stopped in for supper. FIRST impressions mean a lot, this place did not leave a good one. Interior was very stark, glorified stools were not too comfortable. Checked the menu and as it did not interest us with their selections we left without ordering. Did notice that a small open kitchen was at the rear of the smallish interior dining room, which was not of interest to us at all.
I am happy that other reviewers gave some favourable reviews, however I am submitting this as ONLY our impressions and observations.

Visited July 2014
toronto
“Came late..stayed for great food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were told it gets busy between 6 & 8:00, so we arrived at the restaurant at 8:30. Unfortunately a lot of the items on the menu weren't available. The chef came out and spoke with us. He guaranteed what he prepared for us would be made with love and well worth it. The meal was delicious....chicken Parmesan , seafood pasta, bruschetta, the meatballs ..even the wine was good. We did feel rushed as they were closing so we didn't have coffee or dessert. I would recommend this restaurant but would suggest going around 5:00.