“Julie said I was inspirational to a song she played for us on her guitar.”
Review of Tubby's Lounge and GastroPub - CLOSED

Tubby's Lounge and GastroPub
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Much to Julie's surprise, our church choir director Morris Ringel, his wife Suzie, and myself (Graham Rife) visited her newly created restaurant at Tubby's Lounge on Sunday June 1st. She was preparing to open soon, gave us a tour, and entertained us in front of her fireplace. I took several pictures which I want to send her. We had been close friends in Owen Sound for many years - as a server and entertainer at Chaise Lounge, and recently providing home care to Pat. The three of us plan to visit her again July 13th. I loved the lyrics to the song she sang for us. Morris commented that she has a good singing voice and plays the guitar well.
Best regards, Julie.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Located across the harbour, a beautiful 15 min walk, or two minute drive a long Bay street, in the old Tobermory Lodge building and is never too crowded. It is usually said that one does not go to Tobermory for the dining, as most restaurants here serve high priced food that only comes out of a box, packet or can. So it is nice to finally have a restaurant choice, that attempts to serve up fresh and home cooked food.
The owner Julie is very friendly and if you are lucky she will sing you a song and play guitar.
Food is great, love the fish and chips (real fresh cut fries, though we could probably eat a few more) and the chicken crape...awesome!. We also love the pizza and pizza sticks. If you are lucky enough to be there when they have a dinner buffet, (often on weekends and holidays) make sure to attend, as the value for money is fantastic, with a selection of 1-3 roast meats, with all of the trimmings and salad and dessert for one very reasonable price. They also serve a great breakfast buffet on most weekends in the high season.

4  Thank Scoobabums
Reviewed 4 October 2013

my wife and i went for a drive in the summer and ended up in Tobermory at Tubby's. Although the out side of the building was dated, the food and service was incredible. We were able to sit on patio and enjoy the view. I had the calamari as an app and it was the best i have ever eaten. My wife could not decide what she wanted, so the chef made her two small main dishes. you will never get that at any of the chain restaurant. Julie was our server and she was very friendly and gave us great service. Will make the drive again in a heart beat.

Cheers

3  Thank bazwar6
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Due to poor weather, we had to land and overnight in Tobermory. The only accommodation available, that we could find, was at an absolute dump of a place called Tobermory Resort Inn. However, the restaurant, independent of the "resort" was very, very good! We only ordered a pizza from the menu, we were afraid to try much else. It was perfect! Delicious! We wished we'd ordered other items from the menu! All other diners were just as surprised and raved about their choices. Many thanks to Julie and Scott at Tubby's, they made a bad situation better.

PS: the dumpy resort gouged us by charging $140/night!!!!!! Disgusting.

1  Thank Fififinn
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have eaten here twice and am going back this weekend. The service is great. The food is fresh and well prepared. The calamari is to die for, freshly prepared. The pizza is very tasty. I have heard their breakfast buffet is good. Everything ordered by our group both times was worth coming back for. Check this little unknown gem out

3  Thank Lynn B