“Our 30th anniversary weekend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coach House Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Coach House Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Kitchener
“Our 30th anniversary weekend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

30 years ago, we got married and spent our honeymoon in Tobermory! Now 30 years later we returned and stayed at the Coach House Inn. We chose this motel because of the great reviews here on tripvisor. Well!! I have to say this was a awesome place to stay! Ruth and Jackie were so good to us in every way! They gave us a wonderful room, so clean and nice. Breakfast was included with the room, they served us fruit, juice, toast etc, this was so great! We enjoyed the pool and the beautiful greenery surrounding the pool. It was quiet and relaxing. This motel is very short distance to town, and we liked the fact that it wasn't in town where it is so busy there now with tourists. We took the sunset cruise on the chi chi-man, and the meal was incredible and lots of it! It is worth every cent to take this cruise. The morning we left we slept in late and Ruth and Jackie told us to take our time. They gave us breakfast later in the morning because they are so thoughtful and hospitable and couldn't do enough for us in every way. They aim to please the customer treating everyone of us like family. Consider staying at this motel you won't be sorry, couldn't ask for a better place and the price is right too!! We;ll return to this motel again and again in the future, thanks Jackie and Ruth for such a great stay!!!

Room Tip: They have a honeymoon suite, with a king size bed and juccuzie. Rooms in the 30's are renovated...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jenny45692

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Well I called a week ago and reserved 2 rooms...I arrived with my wife and 2 daughters and friends and family...with warm wellcome by Ruth...same night I could not find milk for my 2 daughters at tobermory..I went and ask front counter (jackie).she saved our life ...I really wanted to thank them for fantastic service... every thing is this motel is excellent...It was a good value, clean room, lot's of green around the motel. Breakfast was free..it was fantastic..ruth and jackie was serving...smiling...such a amazing people...I felt like they are just like my family..I can't tell enough how good ruth and jackie is...I will stay there everytime i go there...I will strongly recomend you to stay there...

Room Tip: Higway is pretty close to it..you can park your car just front of the door..you can sit outside and...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Faisal s
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We were two families and Ruth was kind enough to put us in adjoining rooms. We were apprehensive that since the Inn was on the side of the highway, traffic noise would keep us up, but we barely heard any noise. The rooms were clean and nice. The washroom was small but clean. The Inn is quite close to the town center and a few minutes away by car from the Ferry. And the charges were decent. All in all, a great stay. The only issue was breakfast starts at 8am which is late if you want to catch the ferry but Ruth opened the breakfast around 7:20am at our request. Even though it was pretty basic, we were grateful for the same.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Dinesh R
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We our a party of four traveling to Bruce National Parks and were supposed to leave Toronto on Friday but plans changed and decided to leave on Thursday evening.So we scamble to look for a motel to put us up for one night.The only place that could accomodate us at that late arrive time at a reasonable rate was Coach House Inn Tobermory.Ruth our host was very kind and helpful to us and Breakfast she set-up was just perfect all included in the price.Recommend this motel for all,couples,families and seniors.
Thank-You Ruth
P.s Markham ,Rm33

Room Tip: Very clean smoke free enviorment.Room big empty for four adults.Double sinks,clean bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank reviewtoronto
Toronto, On Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed at Coach House Inn from Saturday to Sunday with a friend travelling from Toronto and our stay were very pleasant. I have a small dog and the staff is very receptive. Good price and I loved the complimentary breakfast (coffee, milk, tea, cereals, toast, orange juice, jam, butter and etc.). They have a swimming pool and there are lots green around the Inn. I will stay there again next time I will go to Tobermory.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank mormom
Lindsay, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed one night travelling from Sudbury and was pleased with the clean refurbished room. Lots of room for easy breakfast which was very simple. Only down fall was wireless not in room as room to far away so had to bring netbook to breakfast with me. Location not great had to drive to dinner but was fine for us only 3 minutes from ferry and the price could not be beat. For a clean room you can not go wrong.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynz001
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

After reading the reviews, this seemed like a pretty good place to stay. When I contacted Ruth, by email, originally there were no rooms for the end of July. Then I came home to find a note from her stating there had been a cancellation. I quickly called her and booked two nights.
We checked in July 28th. The room was lovely. Very updated and clean. Once we brought the bags in, we took the kids to the pool. It was a little cold but they enjoyed it all the same. I was surprised to see how much land they have on this property! When we were leaving the pool, I noticed the bed sheets were drying on the clothes line outside - what a nice sight to see.
The sleep was great, beds comfortable. There were two sinks, mini fridge, shower and the air ran perfectly.
At breakfast in the morning, Ruth greeted each table, asking if they enjoyed their stay thus far. She was very pleasant. The breakfast was perfect with toast, jam, peanut butter, cereals, juice and coffee. My husband golfed across the street and came back at 9:55 when breakfast was supposed to be over. He was able to still get some food in him before we took the tour to Flowerpot Island. The ladies in the dining area were very pleasant to him and he wasn't rushed to finish.
Another guest I chatted with was flying out that day and gave my children their box of freezies. When Ruth heard this, she offered to hold them in her freezer since the one in the room is quite small. This was a nice gesture.
The rooms were cleaned each day with fresh towels and the staff was friendly and provided lots of suggestions and feedback for nearby attractions.
I would recommend this inn to anyone and we would love to visit again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank trijo27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
#6 of 12 in Tobermory
Grandview
Grandview
#12 of 12 in Tobermory

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!