“Great place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Bruce Anchor Motel and Cottage Rentals
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent the night at the Bruce Anchor Motel in late July. We had a corner king bed with Jacuzzi bath. The room was large, the bed was to die for comfy. Location was great, too. If you're a particular pillow person, you might want to bring your own. The two pillows on my side were soft. One was not enough and two were too many, but I'm pretty tied to my home pillow. Anyway, to continue the review....the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We plan on being up in Tobermory again next year and will book here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PenguinRob
There are newer reviews for Bruce Anchor Motel and Cottage Rentals

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed one night at that hotel in late June 2013. Even though our stay started in a badly manner, everything got fixed quite fast. Our first room smelled so bad. The guy at the front desk changed it and the second was super. The room was clean and quiet. People were very friendly and helpful. If we go back to Tobermory, we will stay there for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We spent a lovely, beautiful time in Bruce Anchor Motel. People were very friendly and helpful. The room and the whole environment was very clean and quiet. Located only few steps from the lake...lovely and beautiful. It was our first time there, but we'll book ONLY to Bruce Anchor Motel next time again. Hope to come back at least once in every year! :o))

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

A nice location...the rooms were very clean, but they could definitely invest in some new pillows and mattresses. (We always travel with our own pillows so that wasn't an issue). We had a nice balcony room overlooking the water and if you're planning on a boat cruise of the area or taking the ferry to Manitoulin Island, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side of the motel. Get on the second floor or higher to maximize your vi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our whole family came up for the weekend of July 12th-14th. There were about 40+ of us and we had a blast. The staff was friendly, very professional and they helped us with anything that we needed/wanted.
Rooms were very clean and spacious and it was a short walk away from the boat cruise area overlooking the water.
LCBO, and small restaurants are in 2 mins walking distance and you can't go wrong with the fish n' chips.
We are so pleased to have stayed here, and we will definitely look to book again here.
I recommend this place and it is worth the 3 hr. drive from Mississauga.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms overlooking the water is more ideal. 2 beds in each room with small sitting area, large...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My family of 5 came to this resort hoping for a little getaway all the way from the NYC. After an exhaustive drive, we checked in to realize there were little fine prints that King rooms did not allow more than 2 persons, while the standard room have no such restriction. Granted we were in the wrong, but the front desk was completely insensitive to our needs and made several irrational and unnecessary threats against overstaying the number of people (posting someone for 24-hrs watching, what?), having to pay for it even if we cancelled the room, and worst of all, comments against our little family dog (in getting off the property) that wasn't going to stay there anyway. In spite of that, how the hell do you charge more for a "King" room but have an allowance for less people than a "standard" room? While that is a subjective business practice, it sure as hell shouldn't be in the fine prints. We ended getting into an altercation that I didn't need on a vacation. Sure, we started wrong and I admit that, but you know what, the customer is always right, and in this case, I'm definitely right even when I'm wrong, I've made sure I dispute this charge and you will not ever get my or anyone I know's money ever again. Take your money to other local motels instead, at least the folks elsewhere are nicer than this poor excuse of a front desk.

On the bright side, it's a close walk to Bay street where you would want to hangout.

Room Tip: Choose another motel instead, but if you absolutely have to stay, DO NOT PICK THE SO CALL "KING...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DeltaEX1
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I knew they didnt allow pets but as soon as she saw my pup she had the get him away scared look. Told me that he cant even be on property, I asked if I could have him in the car, she said she would have needed a 24 hour surveillance on my room and thats not happening. I also told her if she found fur in the room (my dog sheds easily and its very detectable) she can fine me $1000, but she basically had a get out of here attitude. Coach house inn down the block Was awesome and flexible, they love shelties :)

To her credit she gave me a refund on it after i decided to cancel when i booked coach house in . But not before she said im going to have to eat it. She also referred me to coach house in. Wish i knew her name...

• Stayed: June 2013