“Incredible customer service & lovely accomodations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grandview

Grandview
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
London, Canada
“Incredible customer service & lovely accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of the service we received while staying at the Grandview in early May 2013. The managers were friendly, trustworthy and exceeded our expectations. They were able to book us over the phone and set us up in their nicest room (eponymously dubbed 'the Grandview Suite') with very, very little notice. The room was impeccable with a gorgeous view, bright and airy feel and ample space. The location is superb-- quiet and scenic but close to the main hub. Steps to fantastic sunset watching! I highly recommend this establishment, especially when I reflect on other Tobermory locations I've stayed. More than anything, the exceptional treatment we received from the managers will ensure this hotel is our destination each time we visit beautiful Tobermory!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank c8lintravels

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manasota Key, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Grandveiw lived up to my expectations with clean bright clean rooms within walking distance to the town center. We stopped over here before going on the ferry to South Baymouth in the morning. We had two rooms as we had guests from England and they too felt that this Motel offered good value. The only downside was that there are no phones in the rooms however who doesnt have a cell phone nowdays?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank daveandgaye
Port Loring, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The rooms are small. The shower is very small, the rooms are clean furniture is well kept. Parking outside your door. Wifi is very weak could not get a good signal. Staff are in restaurant so press button in office to get service. 10 minute walk to town centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wilsonlk
Detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

the Grandview was a good value and price. The motel options in the area are limited, and the Grandview while plain and very much looking like a motel, was clean, and well kept. The room was basic, but had a nice TV, good bathroom, very comfy bed, and blankets, and heat and a/c in the wall, both of which were well maintained and worked good.
Staff was nice and friendly.
Location is excellent, and easy walk to anywhere in Tobermory

Room Tip: No real tips
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Happenchance
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked 2 rooms, one for myself and one for my friends. When we checked in my friends room had air conditioning and mine didn't. The web site states that the rooms are air conditioned. I spoke to the manager aobut this and the false advertisng and she said "I only work here". There was no offer to adjust the price or move me to another room! She offerd to give me my money back but that was of no use. I wanted to stay in the same hotel as my friends plus all the better hotels in Tobermory were sold out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacey I
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a reservation at this motel for August 24th (Saturday). We were catching the Ferry to Manitoulin next day for a motorcycle tour of the island.
A few days prior to our reservation my husband called to enquire if we could reserve one day earlier as he wanted to get a jump on our holiday. The Grandview said no problem.
Unfortunately our next reservation could not be changed so I called Grandview back and let them know that we were sticking with our original plans of August 24th. She said no problem that they hadn't changed anything and yes we had the same confirmation number.
Imagine our dismay on arriving at the Grandview on Saturday to find that they expected us the night before and had charged us 175.00 for not showing up.
Admittedly it got sorted out. We received a refund and the clerk was most helpful in helping us find a room at a neighbouring motel. I don't know if I will stay at the Grandview in the future, but I do know that if I make a reservation I will dot every "I" in assuring that dates are understood.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RDazzle
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I'm usually a B&B sort of person, but couldn't find any open in high season in Tobermory so "settled" with this place. They gave me a room that they told me was much smaller than the others (I think it was $12), so gave me a cheaper price -- $82.50 a night! So you can bet my surprise when I get to the room and find it plenty big for me, with a queen-sized bed. The staff was incredibly friendly and the food at their restaurant, although expensive for my budget, was very good. The best part is the view -- you can't beat sunsets at Grandview. They're stunning. They call it that for a reason!

I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cleargreenblue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
#8 of 12 in Tobermory
Summer House Park
Summer House Park
#1 of 2 in Miller Lake

Been to Grandview? Share your experiences!