“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Muskoka, Ontariio
“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Arrived very late. Owner was expecting us. Walked out to the car to greet us by name! (I suspect we were the last check-ins that night).

Room was clean and bright, and not the least bit crowded with two queen-size beds. I liked that we could park the car right outside our door for a very short carry-in of luggage.

Wish we had arrived early enough to have had dinner in the dining room overlooking the bay with view of the sunset. It is well-known in town.

Unfortunately, walls are paper-thin, and if you wish to go to sleep early or sleep in, it might be difficult if you have early-risers next to you or above you. The gentleman next to us had a loud voice and I could hear every word he was saying at 7:00 am, along with the muffled voices of the couple above us. If you sneeze, you may very likely hear a "bless you" through the wall!

If you are looking for a lot of amenities for an enjoyable longer stay, you may be disappointed. There are no conveniences such as coffee machine or telephone. (Although guests are welcome to help themselves to a morning coffee in the motel office). If you just want a clean room with comfortable beds for a good night's sleep before catching the ferry to Manitoulin Island, this is a great stop-over place.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room in the single-storey part of the motel. We had early-risers above us and co...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed overnite at Grandview. We highly recommend this establishment. The motel room was clean, spacious and comfortable....no surprises. The dining room was amazing. It is very rare in Southern Ontario to have a good restaurant on the water, facing west, with a lofty sunset view. Grandview has it, what a well named spot! The service is friendly, prompt and believe it or not, they actually want to deliver good service which is a dying art. The food is delicious. The menu is seafood oriented which one would hope for in this location, but there is something for everyone. The wine list is not extensive but suitable. We would go back there in a second! F&M Collingwood

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frank H
London, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of the service we received while staying at the Grandview in early May 2013. The managers were friendly, trustworthy and exceeded our expectations. They were able to book us over the phone and set us up in their nicest room (eponymously dubbed 'the Grandview Suite') with very, very little notice. The room was impeccable with a gorgeous view, bright and airy feel and ample space. The location is superb-- quiet and scenic but close to the main hub. Steps to fantastic sunset watching! I highly recommend this establishment, especially when I reflect on other Tobermory locations I've stayed. More than anything, the exceptional treatment we received from the managers will ensure this hotel is our destination each time we visit beautiful Tobermory!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank c8lintravels
Manasota Key, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Grandveiw lived up to my expectations with clean bright clean rooms within walking distance to the town center. We stopped over here before going on the ferry to South Baymouth in the morning. We had two rooms as we had guests from England and they too felt that this Motel offered good value. The only downside was that there are no phones in the rooms however who doesnt have a cell phone nowdays?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank daveandgaye
Port Loring, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The rooms are small. The shower is very small, the rooms are clean furniture is well kept. Parking outside your door. Wifi is very weak could not get a good signal. Staff are in restaurant so press button in office to get service. 10 minute walk to town centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wilsonlk
Detroit
Reviewed 29 September 2013

the Grandview was a good value and price. The motel options in the area are limited, and the Grandview while plain and very much looking like a motel, was clean, and well kept. The room was basic, but had a nice TV, good bathroom, very comfy bed, and blankets, and heat and a/c in the wall, both of which were well maintained and worked good.
Staff was nice and friendly.
Location is excellent, and easy walk to anywhere in Tobermory

Room Tip: No real tips
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Happenchance
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked 2 rooms, one for myself and one for my friends. When we checked in my friends room had air conditioning and mine didn't. The web site states that the rooms are air conditioned. I spoke to the manager aobut this and the false advertisng and she said "I only work here". There was no offer to adjust the price or move me to another room! She offerd to give me my money back but that was of no use. I wanted to stay in the same hotel as my friends plus all the better hotels in Tobermory were sold out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacey I

Travellers are raving about these Tobermory hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
#6 of 12 in Tobermory
Cedar Vista Motel
Cedar Vista Motel
#7 of 12 in Tobermory

Been to Grandview? Share your experiences!