“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This property is a real gem! I've had much less pleasant experiences at a couple of others in the area, but the Blue Bay is my go-to from now on. The room was pleasantly furnished, and the bathroom had a beautiful pebble-floored shower which I loved. Bed was very comfortable. Windows front and back allowed fresh breeze to blow through. Good quality new chairs and table on the patio outside the front of every room were also comfortable. The room includes an in-room coffeemaker and refrigerator. The staff love to help you out with answers to any and all questions you may have. There are several good restaurants, shops, and coffee houses within a couple of minutes walk. Right across the street is the beautiful waterfront walkway along the Little Tub harbour. The property was immaculate throughout, and housekeeping was meticulous -- the bathroom was sparkling clean.

One of the greatest features of the Blue Bay is on their website. The rooms have slightly different decor and features, but pictures of every single room are included. You can book the specific room of your choice from those available when you make your reservation! I loved it so much that I've already booked another stay -- in the same room -- for September!

Room Tip: All rooms face the harbour. Ask for ground floor if stairs are a problem, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenny0654

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my 2 kids (age 7) for one night before departing on the Chi Cheemaun for Manitoulin.

Clean rooms and a friendly welcome. The woman on the front desk told my son that the evening captain of the ferry was "loud". Sure enough the 7:30pm Chi Cheemaun announced its arrival loudly with a blast of its horn.

We stayed on a Monday night and it was very quiet. My kids slept soundly. Next time I would book a 2nd floor room for a better Harbour view.

No vacancy when we arrived so definitely book ahead especially if you want a room with a view.

Our room had 2 double beds, a small table for the kids to eat at, TV with basic channels and a small fridge. The bathroom was newly renovated.

This was definitely a motel but a nice one and great for a short stay in Tobermory.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

All the great reviews of this property are justified. The Blue Bay Motel is a family-owned, 17-room gem. It is perfectly located a block from town center. The room decor is designer-quality. The owners are great people who have put a great deal into turning this into a stellar property. No, it's not 5-star (nothing is in this part of the country) but it is probably the nicest "motel" I've ever come across.

Do not hesitate to stay here. I travel a lot in retirement…about 100 days away from home per year. The Blue Bay stands out as the most pleasantly unique lodging I've experienced this year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 1 night. Friendly staff..good location, right in the middle of Bay Street. Close to restaurants, coffee shop, sweet shop etc.

Rooms are cozy and well furnished...

Will visit again... If I get a chance...love Tobermory..bye for now!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sairam V
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We had a spacious room on the second floor and enjoyed our balcony overlooking the harbour. The motel had lots of information about the surrounding area, including a helpful binder of restaurant menus that led us to a terrific breakfast spot with vegan options. Very close to the ferry and to shops etc.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

During annual Tobermory visit once again stayed at the Blue Bay Motel. As usual, able to see improvements that were made during the off season to make it even more welcoming and comfortable.
Kelly, the innkeeper and her staff were their continuing welcoming selves and do everything possible to make you feel at home.
My wife and I could never consider staying anywhere else in Tobermory.

Room Tip: Prefer either front room on the first or second floor, if require 2 beds. Now being in my 8th decade...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Planned a visit to Tobermory for some time

Selected this place after reading several trip advisor reviews

The room is very well laid out, clean and well equipped

The balcony has a wonderful view of the harbour

There is a small fridge in the room and a microwave in the lower lobby

The on site manager is one the best I have met in many years

The only issue and it is a major one for me, there is a wood oven pizza place right behind the motel.

Other guests did not notice the smell of wood smoke or liked it

It gave me asthma to the point I has to check out early

It saddened me that I had to leave

Perfect place without the smoke

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo