“I love the Blue Bay”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This was our third stay at The Blue Bay and it was a good as always. We stayed in room zero because our granddaughter thought it would be the best. And it was. Everything was clean as usual and anything we needed we were helped with right away. We come every two years and we are looking for our next trip in two years. Everything that you want in Tobermory is right at hand.
L. McLeod
I. Garner
J. McKibbon

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We really enjoyed our stay in Tobermory. We spent most of our time out hiking and swimming, but when rest was in order it was easy to relax in the room by shutting the blinds. The green efforts of the motel where also much appreciated, high efficiency lightbulbs, fans and breezy windows instead of air conditioning, and free bikes availablefrom the hotel for getting to the stes a few kilometres away. The motel prices change depending on the season, but clearly the customers are willing to pay them as it had no vacancy during our weekend stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I have been to many hotels & motels in Canada & the US and without a doubt, this one takes first prize for the WORST water pressure. The toilet barely flushed & you had to wait at least 5 minutes for the next flush and the water coming out of the sink faucet was so little that you were better off washing your hands & face in the bathtub.

And who's your electrician ? I don't recommend him, that's for sure. There are 2 switches on the wall - one controls the coffee maker ? And the other, the fan at high speed only because the owner (I assume) has cut off all the chains to adjust the level of the fan. So you either sweat or get chilled at night.
And as someone else said - no air conditioning ! Come on ! Get with the times and spend some damn money on upgrades.

And the room was very small. I was expecting something larger. And again, as someone else mentioned, if you don't close your curtains, other guests can see right into your room. And if you do close the curtains, you kill whatever breeze is blowing through the windows. Again - AIR CONDITIONING is much needed here !

Also, most of the people staying here were mostly old, book readers, etc., so they wanted quiet. I had a three year old daughter with me. I found myself constantly telling her to keep the noise down. That's not the way to go on holidays and we didn't have that problem at the other two motels we stayed at on the way up to Tobermory.
It's too quiet here and way too boring.

I found myself looking at the Princess Hotel next door very often, as I sat on my very small and shallow balcony (not really that safe for small children on the 2nd floor).
Wish I had've booked at the Princess instead.

In summary, stay away from this hotel. There are better as we found out after driving around. The Princess or the Bruce Anchor Motel are superior to the Blue Bay in terms of the room.
And the Princess has an excellent dining room with very good food. In fact, if you want to eat anywhere in Tobermory, I would only go to the Princess or the Grandview. Everything else in town is garbage food.

One more thing about Tobermory. It's a real slow pace. Real slow. No action anywhere that I could find. The best thing going (and it was pretty bad) was a two man band at the Crows Nest Pub that had a guy playing bongos for drums (need a snare, buddy).
Tobermory is like the Bahamas in this regard - it takes three days to slow down to their pace.
Fortunately or unfortunately, we left on the 3rd day.

Perhaps a casino might help this town wake up !! I won't be back, that I can assure you.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank stratotrip
InnkeeperK, Innkeeper at Blue Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions. Customer service is our top priority and it is through our guest's comments that we are able to improve future stays. Such a dismal stay is our gravest fear. We regret the problems were not brought to light sooner in order to be resolved immediately negating unnecessary ill spoken words after the fact. Your opinions have been shared with our staff and every effort is being made to ensure their resolution in a timely manner.
Thank you again for taking the time to express your opinions.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Tobermory in a heat wave is like any other place. You'd like A/C. Most hotels in the area have it now. But not this place. The rooms are clean, but drab. The problem is, if you have the windows open it is noisy. Also without the blinds closed, people can see in your room easily. I felt on display. I likely would not recommend staying there as there are other choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keithoflondon
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Blue Bay Motel was a nice clean motel, reasonably priced. Very near all businesses in Tobermory, across the street from the northern end of the Niagara to Tobermory trail.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Clean, well situated and friendly place. Just stopped for one night on our way to Manitoulin, our first time in a motel. Kelly was friendly and helpful, the room clean with all we needed for our stop.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Our two day getaway at the Blue Bay Motel in Tobermory was most enjoyable. The location was great and the atmosphere was relaxing The room was very clean and the comfortable bed has inspired us to renew our mattress at home. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room had free high speed internet, a flat screen tv and the electric fireplace was a nice touch for the Georgian Bay experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple