“Great Hotel ”

Tobermory Princess Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in this familiary area a Great Place to stay. Friendly People and pleasant atmosphere. Everything was okay. Great view on the lake/bay if you request the right balkony Site. Bathroom clean, absolutely non Smoking Hotel. ........

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our room was located away from the water with a balcony facing another building.

The room had two double beds, two chairs, flat screen, no coffee maker, and no fridge.

Wi-Fi and parking was free.

The cost was $149 per night plus taxes. This included breakfast.

There was a lot of noise in the hall and also in the room above ours.

We also had dinner in their restaurant and it was horrible. In fact neither of us ate much of it.

When I return to Tobermory I will try another hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the water, ask for it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank PamGurdHughes
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was small with a side view of the neighbours yard, the beds need to be updated as they were uncomfortable. The maid service was not up to standards of most hotels. The beds were not made following our first night stay, but an envelope was left for a tip. We know that this hotel has been remodeled, but hey need to put in soundproofing when it comes to the flushing of the toilets and running of the showers. Everytime the room above us would flush or turn the tap on we could hear the drainage. The staff very friendly and helpful. Since we did mention it was our anniversary a bottle of champagne was left In our room with a hand written note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The pricing of this room was expensive, $149.00 per night which includes a continental breakfast. We recommend shopping for other places first. This was not the first time we stayed at this hotel, we did stay later in the year with less tourist passing through. and had a front view of the harbor, this is why we went back.

Room Tip: When booking this hotel try to get a front view of the harbor, the sunsets are beautiful and the vie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Family living in Canada arranged a Canada Day holiday in Tobermory. We had two nights in this hotel. Our room had a window looking towards the top of the harbour but no balcony. We weren't in the room much but it was very comfortable. The included breakfast was plain but sufficient. The wait staff were responsive to requests for small changes to meet the needs of a nine year old boy and a non-coffee drinking adult.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Princess is a well kept and attractive property with a great view of the harbour from the patio and restaurant where they serve delicious and well priced meals. The staff is always friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmftf
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel/Room
I stayed here for the Victoria Day long weekend for 2 nights. The staff were nice and friendly. We had 5 people in our group and they were able to accommodate with providing us with an extra cot. The room itself was interesting there was 1 Queen, 1 Double and 1 cot. There was a tv and some coffee and tea in the room. We had a nice view. It was a side view but we were able to see still the harbour.
The washroom was good. The shower pressure was alright, it wasn't that powerful but honestly it's a hotel. The only thing I was weirded out by was that the toilet did not have a top cover. The towels were stacked on top of the toilet, so if a mistake were to happen, it'd just fall in.
They changed our room and added additional soap which is always nice.
The book in the room included a lot of information for our stay such as boarding times for the Blue Heron Cruise.

Dining Area and Food
Continental breakfast was included, which was cereal or oatmeal with toast and coffee or tea. The first day I opted for the breakfast special which was $7.99 for 2 eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, toast, potatoes and coffee/tea. Not that I'm a big eater but it was either continental breakfast or you order something. I wonder if people order and get free cereal as well.
Our servers were really friendly and she remembered our drink preference the 2nd morning as well.
We also ended up having dinner on Sunday night. I had the Veal special. It was alright but I found that I definitely had to add salt and pepper to my meal. My friend ordered the lamb and wasn't too happy with how it was over cooked.
The second morning, I had fried egg sandwich. That was pretty good and it was around $4 something.

Overall, I really liked my stay. People were friendly and the room was clean. It is within walking distance to the restaurants in the area and easy access to walk over to the Blue Heron Cruise area. The restaurant has a lot of choice. So far, I liked the breakfast but my dinner I didn't enjoy as much. I would totally stay here again though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Choco_robba
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our Sunday dinner at the Princess Hotel was top notch. Home made bread served warm, delightful roasted red pepper soup and a salad that over flowed the bowl. Baby back ribs, the best I have ever had with a nice portion that just fell off the bones. Home made desserts of cherry pie and baklava to top it off. Susan was delightful and the atmosphere pleasant. We will return to the Princess!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple