Memories Paraiso Beach Resort
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$113
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Perla Blanca(Cayo Santa Maria)
US$206
US$148
US$198
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Grand Memories Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Cayo Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)
  • Breakfast included
Melia Buenavista(Cayo Santa Maria)
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)
6,635 results
All reviewsdiamond clubazul sidethe grillthe busa la cartesfishchickenlobby barocean viewpizzasanta clarakids clubsunwing flightbring your ownfriespeanut buttermain buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went to Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort with my family and friends. Since my parents were married there, we thought it would be the best location.
The beach is perfect and there's always something to do (boat rides, games, food & drinks) or not to do (if you prefer laying in the sun!)
Memories Azul is my favorite place to be. The service, food and entertainment was amazing. I will go again for sure!

Room Tip: If you're at the resort with young kids, reserve your room near the family pool for easier access.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon G
General M, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sharon,

Warm smiles and friendly service is our policy every day for every guest. Our staff truly cares about all your travel needs making your visit comfortable and memorable.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is me and my wife's 2nd time in Cuba. We stayed at Cayo Ensenachos about 5 years ago where I proposed to my wife, and wanted to try something different but near that location. For a family-friendly resort, now that we have 2 small children, the Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort fit our description.

Having contacted Claudia, a customer relations representative at the resort, it made our experience very enjoyable. She upgraded our garden room to a beautiful ocean view. She helped me set up a gazebo lunch for me and my wife's 4 year wedding anniversary. She was always touching base with me to make sure everything was going as planned. Not only her, but the support staff were amazing. Everyone was always smiling, always willing to help. We also met a man named Pablo, who helped us get into a few more a la cartes than we were guaranteed.

We had a great time at this resort and would recommend it to anyone :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fun_In_The_Sun83

Dear Fun in the sun,

we will pass your coments to Claudia and Pablo.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just came back from one week from July 10th to July 17th. Flew with Sunwing airlines all went good with the flight except for an hour delay on the way back which was no big issue.

We were a group of 12 people and we all had been upgraded to diamond club when we purchased our tickets.

Airport:
Changed money at airport as they give you the best rate.

Location:
90 min from Santa Clara airport, a little long for my taste but we traveled through 3 cities which was very interesting to see and hear about from the tour guide on the bus.

Once on the bus we already received envelopes with our rooms and keys, which was awesome.

Once we arrived at hotel since we were diamond club we had drinks and were escorted to the diamond club room were there was food and express check in.

Diamond club:
In my opinion if you have to pay for this service it's a waste of money and don't bother with the upgrade if there is a fee attached. Reason why I say this it's trully false advertising from airline and hotel management.
-the only thing the diamond club is good for is the express check in, and the drinks that the waiters bring you on the beach
"when they are there".

We did book 2 a la carte restaurants the Italian and the seafood, my opinion the buffet is the best place on the resort to eat. We also had a diamond club supper "lobster" the only thing that was good was the lobster, and trust me we are not picky people.

Rooms:
We all had ocean view rooms on same floor in building 54 which was close to the beach and the main pool and 24hour snack bar and main lobby.

Out of 5 rooms we had there was numerous problems with bed sheets that were not changed, toilets not flushing, safes in room not working and tv's not working. We did not spend much time in the rooms but the above were headaches that should have been taken care of from the get go. Made numerous complaints at diamond club desk and the 2nd day they offered to change building completely to building 61 but could not accommodate the whole group so we stuck with building 54 and made the best with what we had.

I have to admit the ocean view was well worth it though even with the above issues.

Food:
We were 12 and not one of us got sick,

Breakfast:
was amazing they had everything from pancakes to fried eggs to bacon to mango... Very delicious and you were sure to find something for everyone.

Lunch:
Best place to eat was buffet, or at Route 66 or by the main pool on the Azul side.

Supper:
Buffet became very repetitive and the a la carte dinners were lacking imagination. The first night at the buffet for supper was very impressive how ever we had lobster and a lot of variety and the day before we left as well was very good. I don't know if they did this to create a good first impression for travellers coming in to the resort or not but I trully was confused with the repetitive choices between the 2nd and the 6th day at the buffet. No harm done we always found something to eat.

One tip if you go to buffet go early as it's fresh and don't have to deal with line ups.

Pools:
2 main pools on the azul side as the paraiso side was closed due to low season. But the pool on the paraiso side was still open and if you want a little tranquility I would definitly recommend it. The pools in all were well taken care of and beautiful though we spent most if the days on the beach. There are bars next to pools and grills so you can eat and drink from 9-5 which was awesome.

Beach:
I've been to cuba many times and other destinations this is by far the best beach in the world!! There are no words to describe how beautiful the piece of ocean is!!! The beach completely made us forget of any negative things we had been through during our stay. Also there is 2 bars on the beach and a grill as well if your hungry.

People:
Amazing people work on this resort and they are very nice! They are not demanding at all but a tip here and there sure does go along way. We brought dollar store items and clothes to give to the people there and they were very happy.

Animation:
This was a big problem and needs to be fixed. There are nightly shows at the theatre but they kept changing shows on the fly so it became very boring and repetitive. At 10pm there was no more animation or shows or live music because the employees must catch the last bus to there homes. So it gets pretty boring compared to some other hotels I've been to In cuba. During the day animation team was not there at all there were no pool side activities or beach side activities after many people complained we started to see some animation on 5th and 6th day we were on the resort. This resort has no ambiance and this really needs to change!!!! Club near market is dead to but we convinced enough people on the resort to come with us and we had some fun nights. Club entrance is free and you have to pay for your drinks.

Conclusion:
I was let down by the diamond club and the first impressions we had with our room and lack of ambiance the hotel had. Also it's very confusing to me as they have all then excited to make this hotel a 5 star but there is absolutely no initiative from anyone which is very sad.

Would I go back? I would because I trully fell in love with the beach!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank jeremy080

Dear Jeremy,

we are happy to hear that you had enjoy so much the best beach in teh world using your words.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went to Memories Paraiso Cayo Santa Maria because I have already been to Varadero a couple of times before and wanted to try something new. The drive from the airport was about 90 minutes which was fine because it was like we had a free tour.
We paid for the Diamond Club which was awesome from the moment we arrived. We received our room keys as soon as we got onto the bus. We had a separate bus to the resort and were greeted by the entertainers. We were then quickly escorted to the Diamond Club room where we were given refreshments and an explanation of our inclusions. We did not have to check in at all and we were escorted to our room and our luggage followed. We paid for an ocean view however we could not see the ocean, only the mangroves. We went in May and this resort was only filled to half capacity as May is considered off season. The room was adequate, A/C and plumbing worked very well.
As for breakfast buffet there were croissants, danish's, donuts, fresh fruit smoothies, omelette station and the usual bacon, sausage, eggs and other assorted fare. Lunch and dinner buffet had cooking stations along with other usual hot food, salads and deserts. We ate at the Italian a la carte one evening and it was delicious. Diamond Club had their own section in the buffet which was great because one evening the line up to get in was lined up outside the door and we thought hey our Diamond Club should have tables available so we bi-passed the line just to check and see if any tables were available and there were so we could be seated right away. We also had our own beach section however there was a guy who worked there and he would see you enter and run up and sweep the lounge chair for you and then expect a tip. We did tip however it's not necessary to have a guy to sweep your chair.
The ocean is spectacular!!!! I've been to quite a few beaches and this is one of the best.
There is a shopping village at one end of the resort where you can buy the usual souvenir stuff along with a few restaurants and bars.
We left separate tips for the chambermaid and the guy who fills the mini fridge. We just left the tip in the fridge. Oh buy the way we gave our bellhop Canadian money for his tip and he pulled out his money and he had several Canadian bills in his hand.
All and all we will definitely be returning to this resort, we loved it.

Room Tip: If you want ocean view make sure you ask for the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda R

Dear Palm tres and sun,

we are happy that you enjoyed so much our Diamond Club.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The only sale point of this resort similar to what it shows on the resort video is the beach. Apart from that expect everything else to be average, including services, room, eat, and drinks. Especially the eating part expect foods to be plain, dull, and tasteless, except probably the breakfast. Eat buffet only and not the a la carte restaurants. Location is also far away from town so it'll take more time for you to do some local excursions, except the fake town that's nearby.

Since it's close to swamps don't forget to bring mosquito repellents, sun screen, and Canadian cash. These three things will undoubtedly be the most important items you would bring to Cuba. They will change one-to-one exchange rate at the front desk to split your Canadian dollar into American ones which you can then use to tip the waiters/waitresses, and room services.

This hotel advertises itself as a 5 stars hotel but it's really just a 4 and that's because foods and drinks are included.

Room Tip: Second floor close to the main compound.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo