I am not very savvy with cruises or beach resorts, so bare with my review, but given this was a first, I can say with honesty it was really great and met all my expectations.
The beach was great quality, something I made excellent use of! The villas weren't bad either; they had no bugs of any kind and were well kept. The food met my requirements, but more seasoned travelers tell me it can be better in other places.
The resort was close to a local tourist town that had a lot of kitschy nicknacks to buy.
The alcohol was in good quality and in plentiful supply.
Most importantly though, the staff was wonderful, accommodating, friendly, and warm.
The trip to the resort also benefited from a bus ride through local towns which was actually quite a nice treat.
I recommend this resort to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the 5- star All-Inclusive Meliá Cayo Santa María hotel, especially designed for families, surrounded by beautiful beaches and lush tropical vegetation. This property (358 rooms) offers facilities for incentives groups and a special wedding and honeymoon program. A perfect complement for an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Melia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Santa Maria Melia
- Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Santa Maria Cuba
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Cuba