“The best part of my vacation!!!”

Centre de plongee, Marina Gaviota a Cayo Santa Maria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best part of my vacation!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

These folks were amazing and they gave me a wonderful diving experience. When we arrived they split the experienced divers from the novices. This allowed much more attention to be given to those who needed it. I loved the fact that they took a ladies first approach and ensured that the women on the dive were well taken care of, from ensuring our equipment was properly to actually carrying our gear on board. They helped each diver get ready and were there to help us all when we surfaced.

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Maggie S

• Polish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Catamaran Excursion Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great fun, Great snorkeling and a delicious lunch!! Worth the CUC$99!! Open bar included on board as well... fun in the sun!!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Robb K
Alliston, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving in Cayo Santa Maria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The scuba diving in this area of Cuba is good, but not great. The dive master are very safe and tried their best to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves. I brought my own gear with me to Cuba not knowing what condition there equipment would be but as it turns out its not half bad. Newer Scuba Pro reg's and BCD's. I was only able to go on three days of diving due to bookings. They have two boats which hold 16 people and on the days I went we only have 12 so there was always room. The visibility on the dives wasn't that great, maybe 40ft and don't expect to stay down long. We max each dive at about 45 mins, even though allot of us on the dive still had half a tank. The max depth was only 40-50 ft as well which I believe is their norm as well.

All in all I was happy to dive, better then lying on the beach all day. The fish life is sparse as well and there were only a few large groupers the rest of the fish life was small and limited. The correl is ok, but no were near as colorful as other parts of the Caribbean.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Mike P
London, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Took our 5.5 year old daughter on the Catamaran tour through the Centre de plongee and we highly recommend it. We didn't participate in the snorkelling portion (my daughter and I) because I felt it was too wavy and "unsafe" when neither of us has snorkelling experience, but my husband participated and said it was fantastic - saw several types of fish and many snorkelers also saw a Barracuda. Amazing! We spent this time "sun tanning" and sight-seeing from the boat. The dolphin portion was fantastic. Not a huge fan of animal captivity, but was highly impressed with the dolphinarium itself, and we loved every second of the meet and greet with the dolphin - probably the only time we'll ever experience this type of thing. Food at the dolphinarium was fantastic and they were extremely attentive to my daughter (brought her extra french fries). The private beach they take you to is worth the money you pay ALONE - we LOVED this portion of the trip. Wish we had more time there. Saw several star fish and other wild life. Amazing. Highly recommend this trip to anyone!

Visited January 2014
7 Thank sugarplum14
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“catamaran tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Truly a great attraction for all on a 75 foot catamaran with open bar ,friendly crew,beautiful beaches, snorkeling, lunch , swimming with the dolphins...for sure worth the money. a must if visiting.

Visited November 2013