We stayed for 1 week from 30th July, We payed extra for an apartment (there were 3 of us, 2 adults , 1 teenager) The room was great, it had a double bed and 2 singles, the kitchenette was basic with the usual fridge, travel kettle and 2 ring hob but all worked well. The patio was a good size with lovely furniture that looked new, there was a mosquitoe guard on the patio door which is an excellent idea and we used this all the time as there were a few mosquitoes around. We needed the air conditioning which was extra and also we payed extra for the room safe too. The bathroom had the usual shower and curtain which did let out water, but it isn't a problem and there was always plenty of hot water.
The bar area was lovely and the drinks very reasonable, a large beer was 2.50 euros and a lovely large wine was 2.00 euro. We didn't eat much here as we like to walk out when on holiday to eat but there was a buffet each evening.
Thomas and Maria are excellent hosts, we had a family situation that had to be dealt with and Thomas let us use his computer and printer which was very much appreciated.
The pool area was my favourite. There were always plenty of sun loungers and sometimes we had the swimming pool to ourselves.
Pefkohori was busier than we expected, full of Serbians, Croatian and Russian, not many English at all which isn't a problem, but this was peak summertime. It has 2 main streets, one on the main road with lots of bars and restaurants and then the sea front which has the same, we found lots of good quality and reasonable places to eat and drink, you just have to look around to see what specials on food and drink are being offered.
The beach is quite shingly in places and can be lively but there are also quiet spots to be found. Expect to pay 4 - 5 Euro for 2 loungers and umberella but if you buy drinks from the nearby bar they are then free.
We had a lovely holiday and would certainly return, we booked through Olympic Holidays which was fine, good flights, good transfers (which is extra) but you can book direct too and Thomas will arrange transfers for you, it is a good 1 hour and half from the airport so these are necessary. Thank you again we will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anna Hotel (Former Anna Maria hotel)is built with great attention to detail Greek architecture and it is totaly renovated 2015. The hotel with its lovely gardens and swimming pool located close to the beach and the famous night life of Pefkohori. Two hotelier and his familie will make sure that you enjoy your holiday in every way. The well maintained gardens and pools will let you relax and enjoy your Holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays and Hotels.com so you can book your Anna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Maria Apartments Hotel Pefkohori
- Anna Hotel Pefkohori, Halkidiki, Greece