“Great hotel, highly recommended”
Review of Flemington Hotel

Flemington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Taiping
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A great hotel, far exceeded my expectations. A very modern, well kept and clean room. Great roof top bar, food is also decently priced and tasty. If you crave hawker fair, there is a nearby hawker centre. And the breakfast was decent, exceeded my expectations considering the price of the room. My personal recommendation to anyone visiting taiping

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is rumoured to be the best in Taiping, and it was true after all. It looks small from the outside, but I assure you: you will be happy staying there. The room wasn't quite spacious, so we ordered an extra bed. We didn't really mind. What was the best was the view. You look right, you're staring at the Maxwell Hill. Left, and its the beautiful lake. Walking distance away from the Taiping zoo. Breakfast wasn't exactly delicious though.

In the end, I enjoyed my stay. May not be able to come back soon because this place is freakingly fully booked.... :'(

Room Tip: Get a room facing the hills. Good view should be there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

While researching for a trip to Taiping, I asked my friend "Recommend me a hotel in Taiping" "What's your budget" "No budget." "Then go for Flemington, you can't go wrong." During my previous trip, it was fully booked. This time round, I managed to secure a room walking in and found that the price is decent.

The cute front desk guy (my gf's opinion) present to us 2 types of room, lake view and no view. I chose the former. When we checked in to our room, we were amazed by the sight of Taiping lake garden from the floor-to-ceiling glass panel in the room. However there is a strong pungent of cigarettes left by previous guest, we requested the housekeeping to spray some air freshener but they advised us to open the windows instead, as they have run out of air freshener. This resulted in a huge bug flying into our room...

The bed and pillow is decent and the shower pressure is just nice. There are a few Astro channel available, including the sports channel for us to enjoy the world cup final in the room. Parking is a problem as they only have a couple of space infront of the lobby, while the underground parking is a bit eerie. There was a wedding dinner in the hotel during our stay and we had to park some 300m away in a public car park when we return to the hotel at around 9PM.

All in all it's really a nice stay, with reasonable price and a decent room with really fantastic view. The rooftop bar is a nice place to chill too. It's the only hotel with lake view and I will definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Lakeview room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank U-Hon
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We always wanted to stay in Flemington, but never get a chance to book it, because it is always fully-booked!
This is a great hotel, and a must-stay for those visiting Taiping. It is just besides the Lake Garden, and the view is just fantastic. On your left is the Lake Garden, and on your right is the Maxwell Hill.
You can practically walk the Lake Garden by the side, or choose to stroll into the lanes connecting the lakes, all by foot.
The swimming pool is superb. It has a children pool and a adult pool, situated on roof top, it offers a good view for the Lake Garden while you are swimming. The great thing is, the wall is made of glass! The only drawback is it is closed at 7pm, so you don't get to enjoy the sunset in the pool.
The food is nice, and the price is good. Food is available in 5 minutes by car, seafood, hawker food, fast food. 24-hours operated McDonalds is just 5 minutes away by car.
You can enjoy the roof top pub with very reasonable price of beer, which make it always crowded during the night.
Strongly recommended for those who are visiting Taiping.

Room Tip: Try to request for Lake view. Please do not go to the highest floor, as the loud music from the pu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Whenever we went to taiping we would stay at this hotel. Service used to be good and room used to be clean too. Until the most recent stay was a total disappointment! Were greeted by a rude front desk staff and got a room which was stale with horrible carpet smell! Requested to change but was told no room was available. Parking was another huge problem esp when there's a function going on in the hotel! My advice is find another newer hotel or home stay and forget about staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank TreasureTess
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed June 2014. Made the reservation by calling the hotel directly as all online websites listed it as full! Managed to get 2 rooms out of the last 7 remaining in the entire hotel !! Ok the location is excellent as it is just opposite the Lake. Parking at the hotel is a prob as there are very limited bays. If u go out at night don't expect a bay when u get back. U gotta park opposite the hotel about 200 meters away. Open air under some trees. Apparently the hotel security makes their rounds there to so ...its safe.

Prices at the diner was awesome. The Char Kwey Tiaw was the BEST I had !! Extremely yummy and very very reasonable.

The rooms were clean and everything was nice. No complaints. Well run hotel. Go try it for yourself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is located at a lake side, it lays quite nice. A so called food court is just next to it. If you don't know what food court is, :-) that is the place you can eat all type of food.
Unfortunately most of the rooms are crazy loud from air conditioner, I had to change rooms like all my colleagues as well. Sleeping quality is rather poor. The reception depending on personal can be good or can be bad as well. I stayed all together 8 nights there. The restaurant(s) is good, breakfast as well. The roof top bar is nice to sit and you have a view to the hills and to the Forrest. The personal at the roof top is nice.

I think this hotel had its prime time some decades ago, when it was well maintained and taken care of. Now it is only a declining mid range hotel with scraped towels, dirty bed sheets and dirty carpet, and rather unclean bathroom.
However as you don't really have many choices, you probably must pick this hotel. Once the NOVOTEL across the lake will open its doors, I am sure the room booking at this establishment will rapidly decline.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the lake side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business