Muarar Hotel 99
Free cancellation until 31/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$32
US$30
Muo Boutique Hotels(Muar)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$37
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$52
US$24
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmuar riverparking spacelocation is greatvalue for moneynice viewdeluxe roombasementhometownjohorconveniencebridgecaferate
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times since its opening and i am a very satisfied customer. For a budget hotel this place is very good. Depending on the room given, sometimes it is a little small and sometimes large enough. Generally clean and comfortable. Wifi in room is free but not strong enough. They provide a mini water dispenser in every room. Though this is convenient, it needs extra attention from the housekeeping. The dispenser sometimes left unclean as its not visible dirt. Tips from me is if u are a light sleeper, ask them for a room away from the karaoke centre. All in all good place to stay. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2012

When I was first introduced to this budget hotel, i was already using the other "budget" hotels in this quaint royal town.I have been using this hotel since the last year every two weeks. i enjoy the hospitality of the staffs as they are most friendly to my needs. The room is clean but sometime there are ants typical of our country. It is spacious enough for an extra bed if you are travelling with your family.
The showers are powerful. For the budget price, I even enjoyed a free breakfast in the morning. There is a Delifrance at the hotel which in my friend's opinion is the most generous delifrance in the entire country by the amount of food they gave to him in his croissant sandwich. The hotel is in the middle of the town which spells convenience to me. But just a word of caution, don't ever park your car in their carpark as it is the most narrowest car park i have even been. Worse than Hongkong..........

Room Tip: rooms facing the muar river...great view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank pieksee
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days to attend a wedding one of my relative. The booking was done by the groom for us. The frontliner was very helpful and attended my every needs. Friendly and try to fufill my every request. Please convay our gratitute to the receptionist Michael, Zulaika and Faris and perhaps your management could give them a pat. Also thank you so very much to the gentlemen Mr Shahz (if I am not mistaken) who helped me with my luggage and old mother. Room was clean and can be improved. The ironing room needs more iron and also they should provide hairdryer in the room. Food at the cafe was below expectation! Other than that, it was an enjoying stay for our family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank balaKualaLumpur
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Never mind that the operator has trouble taking down a simple reservation.
Never mind that getting in the hotel took a better part of twenty minutes.
Never mind that the receptionist were unfriendly.
Never mind that the room was tiny.
Never mind that the air-conditioner was dripping and made a rattling sound.
Never mind that it was a really noisy place, and the racket only subsided well after midnight.
Never mind that the place is not in the city center as claimed.

What really gets to me is the racist staff there. Unbeknownst to them, I spoke Chinese. And on two occasions, the receptionist and the housekeeping staff mumbled a derogatory term directed at me when I requested for assistance. I wanted to lodge a complaint with the manager, but I noticed he was yelling at one of the staff in the lobby - in full view of several other guests.
Horrible hotel, horrible staff, unprofessional management.
First and last time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
17  Thank OutoftownerKl
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Booking over the phone, I thought it is a new hotel, but on arrival the hotel does not have any the required safety features for the road access; The room was on the 1st Floor facing the main road, very noisy at night could t sleep well, SOUND PROOFING INADEQUATE; the toilet I would give 1 STAR, already stained, and cramp; The LCD TV too small and poor reception and picture quality;

Room Tip: 1. Get rooms away from the road; 2. Its good for short stay;
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family