“Impressive hotel in a small district”
Review of B&S Boutique Hotel

B&S Boutique Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Batu Pahat
Kuala Lumpur
“Impressive hotel in a small district”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was impressed with this hotel. Knowing that Batu Pahat is a district of Johor, I didn't put high hopes on the hotel.

I made the reservations thru online booking but had the option of not paying to secure the booking. They called my hubby to inform of an upgrade.

Upon check-in, the staff were very friendly and courteous. They gave us the room 3005 with the swinging chair. It is situated right at the water dispenser which made me even happier as they didnt have a fridge nor water kettle in the room (though we can request from them..didnt notice the sign at the front desk). The size is nothing to shout about but it's quite cosy enough for 2 adults and 3yo.

The bathroom is nicely done with dark tiles and rain shower. Water was nicely heated and the pressure is quite satisfying.

The rate was with breakfast and this was the only part I think they should work on.

However, I had lunch at their cafe and it was good. Ordered their fried rice and freshly made juices with no ice (rm1 extra).

I'll definitely return here if I do go to batu pahat again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank phythia79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
petaling jaya
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have stayed at many hotels here. But this is far better than most. The rooms was big. With 2 queen bed and we could add 2 single bad still with enough place for 4 kids to run around.The room has no carpet which i was happy with( i have a 10month old who does sit quietly).Bathroom was okay but may abit small for 4 kids inside at the same time.Food was nothing so great but the service is. I was a vegetarian when i was staying there the staff actually took the trouble to order ala-carte for me and in such big portion with no extra charge. The staff there are very much friendly. I will surely stay here when i come back. Thanks

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the banquet hall hey have on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank bethymohan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The young boss drive a very nice black sports car. Nice one!!

I think it is a good location. Some distance from Carrefour but hey, not too far for someone coming from KL. Just around 3.5km away. There are more shops nearby Carrefour and Restaurant Sy is my dinning place. So I guess I would say B&S is my staying place!!

But B&S is also situated in another part of the town, where all the shops and hotels are. So it is a busy street as well. Rows and rows of shops...

The first room we went in there aircon was not cold. Anyway, they have looked into it, hopefully fixed. They transferred us to another room. The design is great 10/10. The hotel food however is just 2/10. But no complaints. It ain't Shangri La. But no reason why they can't upgrade the food quality in future to make the hotel even more superb.

What others say about noise coming from the street is true. But it is a small town, we checked in around 5pm, left the hotel in the morning around 10am. No extreme noises or constant car noises like in KL. So no worries. We had our peace and quiet.

Maybe bring your own coffee or drinks next time if you wish to enjoy while relaxing on your bed after a tiring drive. They didn't have any in the room.

TV, shower, bed, everything is good for value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MagicStique
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 January 2012

B & S is a new hotel. It is still clean and location is good. Near to eateries and shopping. Room comes with Wifi and free breakfast. The nasi lama was cold. I noticed that the flame was off. This area can be improved. I will come back to this hotel if I visit Batu Pahat again. Hope that it is still clean and has better breakfast

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bob93393377
penang
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Check in on new year eve, planned to stay only one day but extended two more days. The moment I walk in to the hotel the reception greeted me with a cheerful smile making me feel very comfortable, forgetting of my tiredness from a long drive. The room is awesome, clean and fresh making me feel like my own room. The house keepng staff attended even to my request for cotton bud, needle and tread, she also offer to sew it for me. I ate western food in the cafe and the lamb chop is superb.
I check out with full of smile and satisfaction that everyone in the hotel take the effort to go the extra mile for their guests. I'll recommend it to all my friends..... Bravo to all the staffs and keep up the good service and big thank you for making my short stay with you a memorable one......

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank penangtravelcrazy
Ampang, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Don't judge the book by its cover!!! the room, exactly what you can see from the pictures... love the shower... had a great day staying there... price... reasonable... and don't have to worry about parking spaces... and they provide security to take care of your vehicle as well... the interior... impressed... feel like staying there again...

Room Tip: Choose room by ensure that everyone will get their own bed... cause the floor is not covered by carp...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nh_162
Singapore
Reviewed 30 December 2011

When I was in BP two weeks ago, I stayed at Garden Hotel and this time around I decided to try B&S. By far it is smaller in scale but newer and therefore more pricey. For a family room, it cost me M$178. It is a mistake as the size of the two beds (one queen and one single) could hardly fit in two adults and three juniors (7, 14 and 18) whereas in other hotels I would expect the two beds to be of similar size. But that aside, the room is clean, likewise the beds and the toilet.

I have read that some reviewers complained about the noise and the thrown-in breakfast. I have no view on the free breakfast as I hate eating in hotels especially when there are plenty of good food outside within walking distance. In fact, I have three types of breakfast in the next morning - wanton noodles, kaya toasts with soft boiled eggs, fried carrot cakes and durians, all within 5-10 minute walking distance.

I could confirm that it could be a bit noisy as the hotel rooms are located on the 3rd floor and the road that facing it is the main road the express buses pass by. Personally I am okay with the noise from the streets and during my stay the clan association opposite was practicing lion dance for the upcoming Chinese New Year till 10.30pm! What I was surprising and dismay about the noise is the loud noise generated by doors closing and what made the matter worse is that the hotel design for rooms was rather odd as within a short distance two meters there could be four doors next to each other. The floor being tiled rather than carpeted probably also contributed to higher noise level. But that to me is also a strength as carpeted flooring easily trapped dust and germs and I would prefer to stay in a hotel when the room is free from that.

I used to preferred hotel with window views, and while the room I stayed has excellent view of the street scape, it also lacks privacy and the blinds have to be drawn down all the time, making the room effectively no view!

But all these shortcoming is made up of good service. the counter staff are all very helpful, warm and friendly. I asked for a second access card and a new towel as one was accidentally dropped on the floor, in return, I got two more. So service wise it is certainly far better than Garden opposite.

For those who must stay in touch with the world, wifi is free and the hotel has excellent TV reception for SIngapore's CNA, Ch 5 and Ch 8.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Jalan Abu Bakar will experience afternoon sun and blinds have to be drawn down most of...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family