My family 5 of us stayed at Premier Grand Deluxe (3 pax, RM148 nett) and Super Grand Deluxe (2 pax, RM148 nett) for 1 night. What a grotty experience we had, wonder how could it be ranked no.1 in tripadvisor.
1. Central location.
2. Receptionist was helpful.
3. Toilet was clean.
1. The rooms were obviously worn out and the wall had coffee stains, water leaking stains, paints dropped off, the designer chair and the cushion were dirty.
2. The bedsheets, pillow covers, quilt covers were no longer white, they were indeed light grey in color. These are the most important things to keep hygenic but the hotel failed to keep them new and clean.
3. The pillows were flat, I guess the hotels did not change to new ones ever since they opened 3 years ago.
4. Wifi not working. Very weak signal.
5. Lousy breakfast. Nasi Lemak, Fried noodles, sambal eggs, baked beans, thinly cut sausage, Porridge with chai poh, ikan bilis, peanuts, spring onions, shallots, bread with butter and jam. that's all. Worse was the food all not kept warm, even the coffee and the tea was not hot at all. The only highlight was the sambal egg (since no meat can be found) and it took a long time to replenish. Awful meal.
6. i requested for iron and ironing board, the iron was old and the ironing board was even worse, it couldn't even stand still.
7. Low quality shampoo and bath gel. Did not expect very good quality but this really need to be improved.
8. Sound proof was very bad. The toilet doors apparently didn't work well for each room, you have to bang the door in order to close it. This was disturbing as some other hotel guests they came back at 2 or 3am, bang the door and literally woke us up. It was very clear to hear when people walked or talked from outside or next door, my family could not sleep well at all.
Overall a very bad experience, I do not think it deserve no.1 hotel in Batu Pahat. We do not recommend it at all. Though a room cost RM150 (cheaper than PIne Tree and Katerina), we will not go back to the hotel again due to the cons above. Without quality sleep and clean beds, we were extremely tired the next day to attend relatives' wedding. Should have paid more for better hotels.
Please be reminded to request for tooth brush, wifi password etc when you check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are strategically located in the heart of Batu Pahat town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your B&S Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b And s Boutique Hotel