The day before our arrival the previously re opened road to the nearest park entrance closed again . As other reviews have noted this means a two hour drive each morning and evening which makes for a long day .
This really is outside the hands of Patagonia Camp and the staff did really well to make up for this . We stayed for five nights and did excursions on three days choosing to walk from the camp on our rest day ( which gave the added bonus if a three course lunch at the camp that day ) the weather was kind to us with blue sky's most of the time and rain only at night .
The walk to the base of the Torres was a bit of a struggle for my wife but I wouldn't have missed it , the final view is spectacular .
The staff were all friendly and helpful , checking in flights , sorting out our independent transfers etc . Waiting staff were a bit slow but that just gave the opportunity for more conversation .
Victor , one of the drivers gets my vote for best staff member , not only did he do his best to minimise time in the vans ( 75mph on gravel roads anyone ?!!) but he was always on the lookout for animals . On the last evening he spotted a puma 50m from the road , he stopped. We all got out and walked towards where it had been sited and then Victor took it upon himself to walk forward so that it presented itself . I will never forget the sight of a wild Puma just 20m away ...............phew .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the Shore of Toro Lake in a region of extraordinary beauty, Patagonia Camp is the first luxury camp in South America with a chic collection of glamorous Yurts. The camp's 18 impeccable and spacious Yurts are comfortable and stylishly furnished, equipped with central heating, ensuite bathrooms and even views of the stars through a central window in the roof. Activities include kayaking, fishing, scenic tours, hiking and trekking in the Torres del Paine National Park, recently named The 8th Wonder of the World, only 15 kilometers away. The restaurant offers a variety of typical Patagonian food with a gourmet touch, such as King Crab, Patagonian Lamb, Austral Salmon and more! Patagonia Camp is a unique nature experience and a truly different and new concept of accommodation in a close contact with the natural environment and with great comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Patagonia Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Camp Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Patagonia Camp Torres Del Paine National Park, Aisen Region, Chile