We enjoyed four nights in this wonderful hotel. It is located in a stunning area of Torres del Paine. We were very lucky with the weather and were able to see the mountains throughout our stay. The views and setting were amazing!
Our room was clean and comfortable and well appointed. Of course it had a wonderful view of the lake and massif as well.
The excursions were great! Guests sign up for activities that they are interested in and that suit their physical abilities. My husband and I wound up being the only guests with a guide on 2 different occasions. The guides are friendly and knowledgeable.
We received great service during meals as well.
The food, however, was not the best. If there is anything that needs improvement here, it is the food. I would actually lower the over all rating of Explora to 4.5 because of this. I understand that it takes a great effort to get fresh ingredients to this location. However, I have had better food in the middle of Africa. The salads and fruits were quite fresh. The deserts and baked products were very good. I must say that the empanadas that were served at the barbecue were some of the best I have ever had. The meals, however, were generally bland. Also the meats were improperly prepared. I had wagyu that was cooked like a stew meat. Another time, a piece of fish I had was still raw in the middle.
Overall, our stay was pleasant and we would recommend others to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your explora Patagonia - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia - All Inclusive Torres Del Paine National Park, Aisen Region, Chile