My wife and I could not have had a better Torres Del Paine experience than the one provided by Explora. This hotel ticks all the boxes. It is expensive while we initially baulked at the price we both felt we had great value.
The big advantage explora has over its competition is that it is in the park. No two hour plus drives needed to start the day.
The initial greeting set the tone for the five days, warm and accommodating. The room was a delight, very comfortable with sensational views. The menu for each meal only consists of two choices for entree and main. Healthy well prepared and certainly more than we needed.
This is not a place to holiday if you don't want to be active. Each day there is is an extensive range of activities to choose from. It is easy to find something wonderful to do for your level of fitness. The guests while we were there ranged from 10 to 82 years old. I didn't talk to anyone who wasn't delighted with their respective days activities.
The groups have a maximum of eight with a guide. The guides are fantastic - enthusiastic, knowledgable, with a great ability to quietly push you if needed.
We would not have wanted to miss out on any of the activities we did. 18 km treks, horse riding etc all in that beautiful place.
No request seemed too hard. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Odigeo so you can book your explora Patagonia - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia - All Inclusive Torres Del Paine National Park, Aisen Region, Chile