The cascada travel agent and the guides of Ecocamp helped with the surprise proposal my fiance had planned at the top of the French Valley . The guide hiked 10 miles with a dozen unscathed roses, champagne and 2 real glasses in his hiking backpack without me knowing! It was truly a team effort and shows how wonderful the staff at Ecocamp and Cascada truly are!
The ecocamp is truly in the heart of Torres del Paine National Park. The property is beautiful and the domes are very comfortable. We did the 5 day W trek and stayed in the standard domes.They provide plenty of cozy blankets in the unheated standard domes.It is a little chilly getting out of bed in the a.m. though.The W trek was incredible overall. The guides were well educated and they only allow 6 peopel per guide so everyone feels taken care of. The food at Ecocamp was amazing not in any way your typical camp food. Its really nice to mingle with the other groups as well at the ecocamp at dinner or at the bar they have.
One thing you need to set your expectations for is the weather.Patagonia has very erratic weather so 2 days of your hike may be sunny with no wind but then the next day might be windy and rainy... you just have to have a good attitude and make the best of whatever Mother Nature brings that day. The Ecocamp is a truly unique and wonderful experience and great for adventurous first timers to Patagonia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Torres Del Paine National Park, Aisen Region, Chile