Lago Grey is a couple of kilometers down a gravel road from the visitors center of Torres del Paine National Park. It's location is fantastic, isolated at the edge of a large lake, with a striking view on the lake, the Paine mountains, and the glacier Grey. We had a room with view on those three sceneries and enjoyed that a lot. Would recommend to go for one of their recently completed new rooms (room numbers 900 and upwards) that have great view and large windows. It's isolation forces you to eat at the hotel, which offers solid food and good prices. However, we would have liked to have more choice than between two main courses. Still, the restaurant offers a stunning view and very good wines (in bottles as well as open).
We decided to take the boat trip to the Glacier (reserve early, we did it the night before and could only join the 7.30am trip), even if its cost is at USD 85 a bit steep. It's fully worth it, we enjoyed three hours sailing, of which more than half very close to the glacier (much closer than, e.g., you can get to the Perito Moreno glacier).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful place surrounded by lakes,rivers,forest, mountains and a stunning glacier.Hotel Lago Grey is the perfect place to discover the amazing landscape of Chilean Patagonia. Hotel Lago Grey excels their new 30 superior rooms with view to the lake along with confortable facilities, a professional staff and the amazing navigation to the main wall of Glacier Grey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lago Grey Hotel and Navegation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lago Grey Hosteria And Navegacion Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Lago Grey Hotel And Navegation Torres Del Paine National Park, Aisen Region, Chile