“Amazing breakfast and sparkling clean room”
Review of Dial House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Downham Market
Dial House
England, United Kingdom
“Amazing breakfast and sparkling clean room”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was a great half way stop on business between Cambridge and Lincolnshire. In terms of cleanliness in hotels and B+B's I would use 5 categories; awful, not brilliant, average, good and spotless. This takes that top notch spot!! Lovely big bedroom and gorgeous bathroom with high pressure shower and very attractive decoration and ornaments.. Very welcoming host and a delightful breakfast - loved the fruit bowl. Only negatives- the double room is right next to the road. For someone used to towns and cities the noise is not constant all night but for me, I found it quite noisy as the windows are quaint and old and do not keep the noise out. The bed was a bit on the hard side for my old bones.

Room Tip: If you are worried by car noise -don't chose the room at the front .
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kootenaylass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends in the area. We had a great welcome from the owners and the whole place was am extremely high standard. The large hotels could learn from this place. The breakfast was the best ever. The fruit salad had over 15 varieties and very healthy. The actual full English was one of the best I have had, the sausages to die for and from local butcher. Comfy bed, great room, very quiet, would most definitely recommend

Room Tip: Pick me .....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Downham Market, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights while we were moving into a new house in Downham Market. The room was first rate, far superior to a so-called first class room we had in a hotel in Amsterdam. The en-suite was very stylish and the power shower lived up to its name. The breakfast set us up for the rest of the day and it proved a safe haven to which we could return after the stresses of a day two spent dealing with solicitors etc. You could not have wished for more charming hosts and I would recommend Dial House to anyone.

Room Tip: Early booking advisable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bucks
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The quality of the rooms and breakfast is excellent and I support all other reviews in this regard. Beware that you are not provided with a key. This was no problem on the first night but on Saturday morning we had a walk around the town before heading off for the day, despite talking to the landlord about this before we left, we were locked out, I hadn't taken my car keys, fortunately my wife had.
Tea and coffee were in the room but when we asked for more on day two we were told this was not usual practice!
Some road noise from quite early morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Logistical
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This B&B would put many 5 star hotels to shame with the warm welcome, delicious breakfast - including the incredible 20+ fresh fruit mix - and room facilities which leave guests wanting for nothing. This was our second 3 night stay as we regularly visit the area and we are pleased to have found such an excellent place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, UK
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I've got to admit I don't normally stay in B&Bs but my friend arranged this for me. Well I will really have to rethink that in future as this was truley Excellent.

Beautiful room with lots of well thought out little extras. Shower is one of best I have ever used.

Breakfast was amazing- I wish I could of eaten it all. Starting with a 16!!! fruit salad, then an excellent fully cooked breakfast.

Wonderful friendly hosts- I look forward to future visits.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank barsie
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a grade 2 listed building and as such you would would find it hard to find a straight wall, floor or door frame, even wooden shutters on the windows, this all adds to the charm of this B&B. In our room all the funiture is quality and modern with double bed and double reclining sofa. Our room had a power shower and modern sanitaryware. Paintwork and cleanleness was emaculate.There was a survival kit of so many essentuals that you might forget to take with you on holiday and then go and buy, ie first aid kit, tooth brushes, shoe cleaning, sewing kit, manicure kit, torch, toiletries and lots more..There is a wide choice for breakfast. off road parking and a short walk to shops and supermarket. If there is a down side we did not find it, well recomended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
#6 of 6 in Downham Market
Timbers Country Lodge
Timbers Country Lodge
#2 of 2 in Fincham

Been to Dial House? Share your experiences!