See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Depressing street of crumbling tenements and litter. No cafes or shops or trees.
Inconvenient entrance with builders drilling, case got stuck, Tiny lift in which the owner looked me over and I felt uncomfortable. He had double booked so someone was in my room which was not serviced by 3pm
He tried to get me to take a huge ugly room full of old furniture and poor view. Atmosphere tomb like. I fled to cafe up the hill and emailed him because he lives elsewhere. I asked for a refund.His reply was ' you are a beautiful woman. I would take you out for coffee' Neither he not booking.com would help. I wasted weeks over that.
I had been to H before so I know the view he claims is the ancient city is not.
Eventually my credit card refunded me for the whole week.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I booked 11 night here as wanted to see Herculaneum & Pompeii with ease and ercolano , portici areas are safe to wonder about and I did do at night solo. The Herculaneum site is brisk 7 mins walk down corso resina , keep on hotel side hey presto . Go early as cooler and not busy as cruise boat crowds arrive late morning .
The hotel b&b is very clean family run , Maria is a star with lots of info on areas trains etc , breakfast is typical Italian and they got me brown bread as not like white , so ask they will help your visit much more , my room was modern clean with balcony doula room, sea view can see Capri . The terrace view is of Capri and solarno and sorrento glorious views . Room tidy daily . Very relaxing stay would highly recommend it . As parking too but check first as limited . He who travels light travels fastest ..
Also if you want a swim go down vie Roma and turn fight at bottom cross over and down the bank towards portici harbour and near the pier follow path past wooden decking closed off and you see a tiny inlet . Simples

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We booked into this place on a spontaneous trip to Ercolano.
It took a bit of finding (we were told 100 metres past Ercolano), but we kept walking until we eventually got there.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, the sundeck was awesome and a brilliant place to end the day.
We had a fantastic room and we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Great place to base yourself for visiting the Roman sites of Naples. Very close to the entrance to Herculaneum and the circumvesuviana station. Clean, comfortable, and a decent Italian-style buffet breakfast. Would definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2015

Very late in posting this but in May 2013 on a driving holiday we had a most wonderful one night stay here. When you see the shops of Erkolano closed down and graffitti everywhere, you think twice about getting out of your car or walking around. That said the b and b I papirui was a gem. Once the doors were opened into the courtyard there was a feeling of a haven and security. The rooms basic though were fine and there was a balcony overlooking a beautiful bay. Lemoncello and biscuits was a lovely thought. Had to teach them that a kettle needs to be boiled when making english tea, but this added to the ambience. Felt like you were in someone home. Bonus . ... it was so close to the ekulaneum site.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple