“Nice place for the location - not soundproofed!!”
Review of Villa Pinocchio

Villa Pinocchio
Ranked #1 of 33 Podstrana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had the top floor with the sea view balcony and felt we got the best deal looking at next doors balcony which was seperated by a high partition. Room was exceptionally clean, cleaning lady seemed to come every other day which suited us. Clean towels and loo roll topped up and washing up done for us as we cooked most nights in our room, which was equipped adequately with two hobs and a fridge with all basics including bottle opener, tin opener etc.
Bed was very hard for my taste and my boyfriend suffered a bad back as we were there for two weeks.. shower room was very clean and very bright and suited me perfectly.
Our main complaint was that you could hear everyone very clearly if they were in the rooms next to us, and were woken very early most mornings by people simply dragging their chairs on the floor either from thier balconies or in their rooms.. either way was really loud! someones kid decided to bounce their football down our stairs a few times which made for a few bleary eyed days. The beach is wonderfully located and was the best bit of beach we found walkable in both directions, a very lucky find indeed as some of the beaches were very dirty looking and scattered with graffitti and litter. Didnt see the host apart from the first day and once more.. so had no idea about breakfast or how to check out!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views as this isn't very well located even if you face the sea as tw...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine H
There are newer reviews for Villa Pinocchio

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I stayed May 17-24, 2014. I really debated between giving it 3 or 4 stars. I decided on 3 because I think it better describes my overall opinion of Villa Pinocchio as a place to stay.

The good things: The owners are very very nice. There was a mistake in our booking by Expedia and they offered to give us a better room if we skipped the free breakfast. (I think because high season had not started, they weren't really making breakfast each day). We initially went into a room that was just a bed in a very very small room with a balcony overlooking a crappy street. So we were extremely grateful to move into the apartment room that was much larger and had a balcony with a (somewhat obscured but still lovely) sea view. Also, the place was extremely clean and spotless!

The not-so-good: The area where the hotel is located is somewhat far away from Split in a really run-down, crappy area. It is not the fault of the hotel owners but if I had known how bad the area was I would not have chosen the hotel. We used public transport and it was really really horrible, dirty, crowded, and unrealiable in the timetable. There were no sidewalks and it was dangerous going from the bus stop to the hotel because you walk on the edge of the road with speeding traffic!! Also, the hotel lacks little luxuries or conveniences. There is no reception so you must go to the front door outside and ring the owners if you have a question. The owners live there with their son and he could be very loud. Each day he would yell, "Mama! Mama!" in the halls looking for his mother or play ball on the stairs. I didnt mind it so much because I understand that he is just a little boy and that this hotel to us was his home....BUT...I do think his parents should explain that he should not yell inside because it is still a business. There is only 1 nearby market which meant a dangerous walk and street crossing. A nearby hotel, San Antonio, sits on the beach and has food or drinks you can buy but they are extremely expensive compared to ALL other places we visited...even in the most touristic part of Split. We rented sun loungers and an umbrella from San Antonio on one day for 40 kuna (approximately $8), but the next day they wanted to charge us 70 kuna. It would be really helpful if Pinocchio had free loungers to offer their guests so we do not have to rent from nearby people.

After 2 days we finally wandered pretty far down the beach and discovered a marina that had a small restaurant where you could get simple food items (sandwich or pizza) and coffee. There were also 2 very nice, high end restaurants, and a little store where you could get ice cream or cheap snack pastries. This was down near the Meridian Lav hotel. If you stay at Pinocchio, I strongly suggest you walk down there.

Overall, Pinocchio is a nice, inexpensive place. But it was a let down. The owner kept parking his car right in front of the entrance so we always had to squeeze around to get inside. The beach was very peaceful and so beautiful although it is an all-pebble beach.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose the room. Choose the apartment because it is larger and has a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lrhughes
Zlatko Z, Owner at Villa Pinocchio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guests,
thank you for all constructive points made after your staying at our place. We find all of the reviews, good or a bit less good as a excellent way to learn and improve what is within our power. Without your reviews we wouldn't be able to do such a thing, and make it sure that similar things don't happen again. We'll do our best to keep up with the best work we can, and you keep up to advise of possible improvements. Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I came to visit my uncle with my boyfriend, so we decided to sleep at Pinocchio, and spend days with uncle's family. I must say it was great. Zlatko, the owner and his wife are great hosts, they welcomed us warmly, breakfast was great, and since the weather was great, we spent a lots of the time with our niece on the beach, which is some 20 meters from Pinocchio. We weren't the only people there, but we felt as important as all the others. Next time I visit my uncle I'll go back there.

Room Tip: It looks all so new, I am sure that all is newly made, it even smells on freshness, so any room will...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We (two families) have been there in early september and everything was just perfect.
The beach, the accomodation and the staff was excellent. In total it was a great holiday and I would definitely recommend this Villa Pinocchio.

A special Thanks to Zlatko Zanic and family. We really enjoyed the holidays a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed for four nights with my mother, we were delighted! Very clean place, working A/C, small fridge in the room. Just by the nice beach, a few ok restaurants there. Buss stop right in front of the villa, easy to travel to Split. Owners were extremely helpful and nice people. Good breakfast available in the villa for small extra fee, too. The nearby road didn´t bother us, it was peaceful enough for us. There was also a small grocery store 100m from the villa, if one needed refreshments :) Only positive memories!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Minna N
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We spend one night here before our boat trip and another thereafter. This is a clean and nice place to stay - near the beach and some restaurants. Owners very friendly and helpful. we can certainly recommend this to any traveller. Only positive memories of our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaanDeidreVanBeek
Reviewed 10 June 2013

stayed one night on our way through split. Located 10 min drive from old town, away from the major tourist areas. Located right by the main road, but rooms are fairly quiet. beach right our front, nice balcony. Owner is very nice and helpful. VERY good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cole B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Podstrana
Hotel Eden
#1 of 8 in Podstrana
Pansion-Restaurant Amigos
Pansion-Restaurant Amigos
#2 of 33 in Podstrana

Been to Villa Pinocchio? Share your experiences!