“Very friendly staff and nice apartment”
Review of The Residence

The Residence
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our apartment was in the Garden so it was peaceful and really nice with the small terrace and the rooms was nicely furnished. There was a double of airconditioning in our apartment and they worked perfect. The staff was so friendly and very service minded and every morning they came with a breakfast tray. It was only 5 minutes walk to the beach and we could also use a discount card to buy food in that bar and also the other restaurants which belonged to the Hotel Le Meridien Lav. We could easily go by bus to Split and it only took us around 20 minutes to go there. We are so satisfied with our holiday and would easily recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SebastianHedlund

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hotel Residence is absolutely worth the money and you will not be disappointed. Super choice for families with young children who may need home-cooked meal. We stayed in an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen. Lovely spacious room with balcony, furnished with taste. Residence is located next to Le Meridian and for a small fee you can enjoy all the beach and pool facilities. Our child loved to spend time at the children's pool La Meridian.
I am SPA fan and was overjoyed that Le Meridian has one and it is very good. I should say that I'm quite experienced in those things.Spa is excellent ! Many thanks to massage therapist Silvia and Christine - they are just super professionals. Highly recommend!
Love our holidays very much: Croatia is a unique combination of beautiful nature, clean sea, the availability of attractions, amazing cuisine and friendly people.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at The Residence in late May, beginning of June 2012, for one week.

My first impression of the hotel and staff was that it's of a very high standard, with a nice relaxing atmosphere. Our apartment was on the ground floor, facing the sea, but I wouldn't call it a sea view (what we had booked), since the hotel building is too far away from the sea, (400 meters) with some trees blocking the view. But that wasn't important to us. It was quiet. No traffic.

I've heard some people complain about traffic noise, but that would have to be on the other building. So if you're planning on staying here, you should book with a "sea view" if you want quiet.

Our apartment felt fresh and comfortable. The bedroom was rather big, and had a queen size bed, with a very good mattress. Two quite large balconies. And a bathtub in the bathroom, which was so very nice, for relaxing.

The swimming pool there was rather small, but cozy. No people passing by, no noise etc.

In the hotel reception, you could buy like bread, milk, cereal, eggs etc. And it's very far to the nearest super market. We walked there one day, and whoa, never again. The traffic is crazy, no traffic lights, tiny sidewalk. And dangerous to cross the road. Took about 30-45 minutes to walk to the closest super market. And when walking back again, we walked along the sea side. Much better, but still, quite far away if you're carrying heavy groceries. So if you're planning on going to The Residence, I wouldn't recommend trying to find this super market.

The beach - it takes about 5 minutes to walk down to a small pebble beach. It's a private beach for Le Meridien, the 5 star hotel right next to The Residence. And if you want to lay down on a sunbed, be prepared to open your wallet. If I remember correctly, you can buy for one or 5 days, access to sunbeds on the beach. The price also includes access to their warmed up indoor swimming pool (rather big), jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish sauna, and massage chairs. You pay this at Le Meridien, but I don't remember how much it was. Not cheap though, but in my opinion, totally worth it. The facilities there are very good.

And yeah the beach; at first I was disappointed when I saw this small pebble beach, as I'm used to larger sandy beaches. But it wasn't bad at all. The water there in Croatia is so clean and inviting. But bathing shoes was a must for me there.

The whole area of these two hotels, Residence and Le Meridien, is located far away from everything. So the first two days there, I must say I was disappointed with that there wasn't anything to do or anywhere to go. You can however, take the bus up there on the road (good luck crossing that road), or a taxi to Split, if you get really bored.

But later I realized that the location and area is perfect for me, for total de-stressing after a long winter. I guess it's a matter of expectations. It isn't walking and sighteeing in Crete or Mallorca, but rather a place for charging the batteries, laying in the sauna and jacuzzi all day, and go out to eat in the evening.

At Le Meridien, there are 3-4 restaurants with good service and food, and a roof terrace overlooking the yacht harbor. The waiters really take good care of you, making sure you have everything you need, water, more wine etc. And when I had finished my cigarette, put it in the ashtray, a waiter was there immediately, giving me a new clean ashtray. You won't see that many other places. They have wonderful drinks at the bar with the roof terrace. Best Pina Colada I ever had.

Will I go back to The Residence? Definitely! Why? The quiet, high standard, the spa in Le Meridien is balm to the soul.

I totally recommend this hotel for solo travelers, friends, and couples. But not for families with children or teenagers. They would probably get so bored.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room if you want to be sure you don't hear any traffic from that busy road abo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marianne A
Reviewed 24 September 2012

In comparison to other residences we stayed in, this one is very modern, very professionally run, very spacious and luxuriously furnished. There is a small grocery shop on site, and the staff offer transportation to Split, which added to an overall high quality of service. If you need more than just residence facilities you can easily get access to the Le Meridien Lav and use their facilities for a charge. The staff are very professional and friendly. The only disadvantage is a tiny stony beach which was crowded but this didn't spoil an overall impression of this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Oleg K
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a lovely apartment with one bedroom and a huge terrace on the fourth floor. The room was wonderful and modern and the view was just amazing! Staff we're very helpful and friendly.

It was close to the small beach and for a small fee there was beach chairs and parasols to rent from the hotel next door. The bus into Split stopped right across the street from the hotel and took about 15 minutes.

The only negative thing I can think of was that there was some noise from outside on the weekend and from the furniture in the room above.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The Residence is right next to the prestigious Le Meridian Lav and just a 15 minutes bus ride out of Split. The bus stop is just a few minutes walk away from the entrance on the main road.

For a surcharge you can use the pool and spa facilities of the Meridian and watch the sun set in their infinity pool. We had a few great meals at their rooftop restaurant and visited nearly every night for their fantastic cocktails. There is free wi-fi in the Meridian too.

Reception staff at The Restdence were very helpful.

The room was very modern and contemporary. My only negative we had was our view was of a wall, although as walls go, it was a nice one with tropical plants beside it. I would recommend requesting a room with a view before arrival. We did ask if we could move to another room but were told the price would increase somewhat so we decided to stick with our wall.

I have wrote a blog with our travels around the area, if you would like some tips on what to do whilst you stay visit http://littleblondebird-rosie.blogspot.com/

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and not the view of the wall.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank littleblondebird
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This hotel was a great deal. The room is big, spacious and very clean. Plenty of room for one person. I love the decor and furniture, all brand new and very modern looking. The hotel is near the beach and Le Meridien where one can eat with a 20% discount card from The Residence. The staff at The Residence was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Remcobear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Podstrana
Hotel Split
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
Le Meridien Lav Split
Le Meridien Lav Split
#1 of 8 in Podstrana

Been to The Residence? Share your experiences!