“decent 5 star hotel”

Le Meridien Lav Split
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Podstrana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

rooms were spacious, pool and beach great, great view, great restaurants in hotel also. breakfast was good , nothing special but it was enough of choice for anyone.
staff was great, service really was fawless

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mirjana S, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear John L,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is beautiful to read you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Lav Split

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very nice hotel in Split, Croatia. Went with family in My 2014. Very attentive and helpful staff. Though the rooms are spacious and we had two with balconies facing the ocean and outstanding views the hotel can't be described as luxurious. It had more of an upmarket Holiday Inn feel to it. However, the sumptuous breakfast spread on the terrace with breath taking views of the bay and Split was outstanding. The hotel formed part of four buildings with a Casino and had excellent parking facilities. The only minor irritation was the constant influx of coaches disgorging hordes of tourists. The hotel had a nice beach with a marina where the hotel had its own fleet of yachts ranging from the average to the uber luxury kind that could be rented out.

Room Tip: If you pay in advance for your stay you get great rates from Starwood Hotels and ask for rooms with...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear pnmehta,

You are most kind for taking time to write your lovely review of our hotel! We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay, especially our views that adorn almost all our facilities: rooms, bars, restaurant, even the fitness center. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast! We are proud to present our guests a breakfast with Le Meridien signature and a local touch.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights 'off-season' - the hotel is pricey, parking not included. We did not eat at the hotel because of this. The pool and beach access are very nice - and walking the surrounding area is safe and easy. Indoor pool + sauna + fitness room beautiful - many great views from terraces.
In the beds I found a couple hairs, and the pillows and mattress not the most comfortable. We were given a 'front entrance' view - many rooms with ocean view were probably nicer! Staff were helpful, all in all a great stay. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Sarasoda27,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would come back in a heartbeat. We are always creating new experiences for our guests to discover all our property has to offer, but also our attractive surroundings, our islands and coastline with lot of small monumental towns and villages.
We hope you will come back soon and re-discover all our beauties.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a hotel that I would definitely stay at again. The highlights are the amazing views onto the marina and coastline, the food particularly the breakfast buffet and the outdoor infinity pool. The biggest positive however is the friendliness of the front of house staff who were outstanding in their helpfulness. This is the best place to stay in Podstrana in my opinion and a great base to explore Split.

P.S. If you only visit one restaurant in the Marina, make sure you try Leonis as the food and service are some the best I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mirjana S, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear KushiroBoy,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is really inspiring you enjoyed your stay with us this much and most of all that you found our front of the house staff to be attentive, friendly and helpful. We are very proud of all of them and their effort to provide our guests with highest service and a memorable experience.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was hoping for a luxurious hotel as the Le Meridien name is famed for providing, however I was disappointed with the rooms that were given to us. They seemed to be poorly designed and out dated. I knew that it was not located close to split (7 km away). I was hoping for better. The staff was not very personable for a "5 star hotel". I would not recommend it, I found out that this property is only managed by Le Merdien and is over 40 years old. The locals all say that this is the nicest hotel in Split, I think I will try a smaller hotel with a better location on my next trip to Split or perhaps the Radisson Blu, which is new and much closer to town.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, stay in a upgraded room, they will punish you if you don't pay a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dougzihua

Dear Dougzihua,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We appreciate your constructive comment very much and it will certainly help us improve and grow as a property.
It was with regret to read your experience with us did not meet your expectations.
I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels across the world and this hotel would be lucky to gain 4 stars. As an example - anyone who has stayed at the 5 star royal Meriden in dubai - this hotel is a world apart!!!

I would not be bothered to write a review unless being constructive so I will just give my plus and negatives points and we will see if the management takes it on board. Feedback of my comments are welcome if not encouraged.

Good points:
The pool area and surroundings were well maintained and clean
Gabrielle the pool boy was very welcoming and helpful everyday
Lady on the desk who greeted us on arrival was very pleasant
The view in the deluxe room is beautiful.
The house keeping lady was very forthcoming and friendly
Leonis rest! ( although expensive! But worth it amazing quality and atmosphere.

Bad points:
Outdoor pool is freezing!
A few of the front desk staff have bad attitude when asking them simple questions, more often than not their answers were fluffy or not true. Let me expand...
The entertainment system ( to watch a movie) was not working on arrival so I called up a few days into the holiday. " It will be working in 4-5 days". It is 10 days into our holiday and I just called and they said it is not working and by the sounds of it is not likely to be working soon. The concierge said" sorry sir I would have to speak to the IT manager". We have a young baby and would love to watch a movie at night.
The menu at the pool for lunch has about 6 very basic choices so I asked the bar tender, when will the menu change for high season? " on the first of June sir" it is the 3rd of June tomorrow and she promised me it would change mañana. I won't hold my breath.
"When will the casino be open?" Answer was 1st June. Then when not opened on the 1st they just replied "out of our control". So why did you tell me 1st June then??
Very expensive: not particularly for the room but for the food and drink. The cocktails are an absolute joke. Paying at least £6-7 for a cocktail in Croatia you would expect to get a whole glass. In all honesty make no mistake when I say three gulps for every one I had! £2 a gulp. Absolute nonsense. Most of the glasses were made up of ice. Get a grip either lower the price or increase the measures. Surely if someone was taking notice of how many people were drinking the bar drinks they would take that into consideration as most of the guests were going over to the local supermarket to stock up!
The hotel is so far out that we spent a lot on taxis which were generally 120 kuna into town. On the 1st of June! ...The shuttle bus started but horrifically we were charged for this service which I think should have been gratis.
Breakfast on the first few days was good but 10 days deep there has been no variations
One bottle of 500 ml water was delivered for the 3 of us to share each day
Aircon - why can't you set it to a specific temp?
Management: please remove the piece of tissue paper outside the lift on level 2 that has been there for 5 days- attention to detail - shocking

Summary to improve things:
- staff should say and know only FACTS to avoid disappointment
- improve value
- improve diversity
-cater for the fact that the hotel is out of town. ( shuttle bus free and running even in low season)
-don't call a room deluxe when there is nothing deluxe about it.
- attention to detail.
- green choice vouchers should be able to be redeemed anywhere in hotel.

Room Tip: The marina view rooms are lovely. And doesn't make ur feel so much like your. A big high rise co...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nik D

Dear Nik D,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Split and for taking time to write your constructive feedback.

We very much appreciate your comment and it will certainly help us improve and grow as a property.
We are aware of some shortcomings and that is why your comment has already been considered seriously on our management meetings in order to implement actions that will improve our performances and make our guests feel more comfortable and recognized.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly for any further discussions on info-split@lemeridien.com

I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at the hotel during the company event 14-17 May and was really pleased with amazing views and warm welcome from personnel -- especially Danijela from bar @spa-zone: professional and friendly approach. Good job!

Ekaterina, Moscow

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mirjana S, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Gagarinscat,

It is truly inspiring to read you kind comment, especially your compliment to our Danijela! We are very proud of our each associate giving their best in making our guests feel special and recognized.
I sincerely hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again and to enjoy our views, this time maybe during a holiday trip.

Mirjana SImunic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Podstrana
Radisson Blu Resort Split
#1 of 1 in Sutivan
Hotel Eden
Hotel Eden
#3 of 8 in Podstrana

Been to Le Meridien Lav Split? Share your experiences!