This was our final accommodation during a tour of southern Croatia. After our previous hotels, Le Meridien's reception area felt more like an airport terminal. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, and our room was adequate and spotlessly clean. However, the air-conditioning system had a mind of its own, and we never managed to get a single station in any language on our TV
- the World Cup was on!
This is a large hotel, and finding your way about, and which lifts to use, took a little time. It's in a great location, with easy access to a beach and a marina with bars and restaurants, which were good. Breakfast could be taken inside or outside on the terrace, with a wide variety of food and as much as you could eat. Again, the staff there were very helpful and courteous.
We used the shuttle bus to Split only once and would have liked to see a more comprehensive service provided by the hotel. Thereafter we used local taxis, which cost us approx 120 Kuna each way.
All in all, Le Meridien Lav has got a lot going for it, and with more attention to the smaller details, could well merit its 5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embark on a journey of coastal discovery. Found on a pristine part of the coast and featuring emerald clear waters a stone’s throw away from Split, the Le Méridien Lav’s unique location invites guests to easily explore the imposing Dalmatian coast stopping every few kilometers to admire scenic towns and villages including those of Trogir, Omiš, Solin (Salona) and Makarska as well as the nature parks of Biokovo (St Juraj) and Krka – all within an hour’s drive from the hotel.MOVE! A resort like no other in the region, Le Méridien Lav Split offers unparalleled facilities for those looking for action-packed travel. Energize your mind and body with an early morning jog along the beach or play away in some of the resort's numerous sport facilities (tennis courts, tennis, beach volley, boules, free climbing wall, archery, diving, water sports, yachting, cycling, wellness club ) Large superior and deluxe rooms and family suites are perfectly sized to accommodate two adults and up to two children. The Penguin Club offers a safe, educational and entertaining experience for the kids. Club's fully qualified nursing staff will keep busy their inquisitive mind! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Priceline, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Lav Split reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Lav Split Hotel Podstrana
- Le Meridien Podstrana
- Podstrana Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Lav Split Croatia/Podstrana