We spent one week in Santa Marina Beach hotel close to Heraklion in Crete, begining of July. The hotel as a structure was fine (definitelly a 3*+ not a 4* htl), would need a renovation for sure. The family rooms have a terrace with direct access to the garden and the beach. The food was excellent, apart of the selection of the desserts. A lot of fresh fruit and vegetable, a typical greek food corner, baby corner as well. Nice pool, very nice and clean beach. Perfect location - only ca.15 min. from the capital of Crete Heraklion (bus stop just in the front of the hotel). Helpful receptionist Maria. Close to the airport. Nice programme for kids - animation only in French language.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Marina Resort is located directly on the long and sandy beach of Amoudara (which is also the name of the nearby lively village), only 5 kms away from Heraklion (the largest city and the administrative capital of Crete and only a few minutes away from famous archaeological sites (like Knossos) and landscapes of natural beauty. With 208 rooms, bungalows and suites - that make up the three-story main building and 4 bungalow complexes - our hotel offers all the comforts necessary for an enjoyable accommodation and a memorable summer vacation, while our restaurant offers a huge variety of culinary delights, including Greek and Cretan cuisine and daily specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Santa Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Marina Beach Amoudara
- Santa Marina Beach Hotel Crete/Amoudara