“Those who moan need a reality check!”

Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Acharavi
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Well I hope this review will help for anyone with an open mind and realise that a holiday is what you make it!
We have just returned home from our 10 day break wishing we had stayed for longer.
As it would seem with many of the reviews, we also booked a bit last minute and although very sceptical to begin with, that was soon forgotten.
Travelling as a family with a 9 year girl, it was important that there was something for everyone and we were not disappointed.
The whole complex may be a bit basic but very welcoming.
All the staff were friendly, the area was spacious, the rooms were acceptable and there was always something edible on the menu.
The pool is a focal point and we couldn't get our little girl out of it!
There is also the beach and a lovely blue sea immediately behind and a coastal walk into acharavi.

There was a mixture of British, Germans, French, Italians and Greeks all holidaying together, so there were cultural differences. But overall there was a good atmosphere around the place.

The animation team were a very tight knitted friendly group, who clearly have a good working relationship. We loved them all, weronica is amazing with the kids, lizzie has time for everyone, gala does the funniest things and shaggy has the energy and outgoing personality to convince people that taking part might just be a laugh. ( he wouldn't last five seconds on britains got talent, but he is very entertaining, gives 100% and is the biggest asset this place has to offer!)

As with all holidays there is scope for improvement and its always the little things that left the place down.
From speaking to other guests, the main issue was the rooms. They are generally family rooms on two levels. Typical bedsit layout, but the kids area is up wooden steps and in a small Roof eaves alchove. Our girl loved it, but it was a bit of a worry that she could get up in the night and go tumbling down the stairs.
Then there was a bit of maintenance around the place. Loose and bad fitting shower attachments broken balcony airers, damaged sunbeds, which would just appear to require a few new nuts and bolts and Bird mess that would collect and need clearing or jet washing.

The other thing was the lack of selection at the all inclusive snack bar and having to pay for drinks after 2300 hours.

In the time that we visited, certain improvements were being made. Which included a separate salad area in the restaurant, new plumbing and building maintenance and rumours that the roof terrace bar is to open next week.
Hopefully the management are taking notice of the feedback they are receiving and there will be continued investment.

This is a nice area with a lot of potential. Acharavi is a pleasant little town with a small fun water park on the doorstep. The sea is beautiful and the beaches just need a bit of maintenance.

We would definitely go back again and would recommend it to friends.
I would rate this holiday as good value for money, it won't be for everyone, but some people are never satisfied wherever they go and whatever they pay.
As the animation tshirts read "no stress in Greece"

Room Tip: Top floor apartments are the best. Be mindful of the upstairs sleeping arrangements.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Wayne D
Cyprotels, Public Relations Manager at Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for chosing our hotel for your holidays!
We thank you for your kind words and observations.
We take every comment very seriously and count on our guests to give us a sincere opinion.
We are constantly improving our product and services and where possible we corect situations on the spot and we always look for ways to improve even in the middle of the season.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel

The Cyprotel Almyros Beach Hotel team

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My girlfriend and i was so looking forward too this so called 4star all inclusive resort,from the time we landed there was problems!!..We booked a double room and got a box room we had too be moved within 5mins which wasn't much better to be honest,very outdated rooms not the cleanest in fact i cleaned more!!!..The pool was ok but NO lifeguards at all so if you have children be very careful alot of broken sunbeds if you was lucky too get one as the staff used them alot or ppl left towels 24-7 on them!!..if you want to see dramas and punch ups this is the hotel to go too jerry springer crossed with Jeremy Kyle could not believe some of the antics that were going on oh and not forgetting the strong smell of cannabis at times!!!!..I'm a veggie which they don't cater properly for so ppl who are writing food was GREAT must be used to eating cold eggs,disgusting fish dishes,if you like chips then your be fine as there served with everything!!.As for the staff Maria in the hotel shop such a wonderful and sweet lady she helped us loads,GEORGE the waiter is creepy and sleazy over women some of the female waitress from Hungary rude and selective who they served so if your English you haven't got much chance of decent service staying here!!!..The entertainment team Lizzie is tip top very friendly,funny and down to earth defo a favourite of ours,shaggy cool funny guy very chatty and friendly,and then theres Gala RUDE strolls around doing nothing but smoke he made myself and my girlfriend feel very uncomfortable at times being scicastic towards us most days whilst walking past!!...Corfu is a beautiful island luckily we have been before so it has not put us off just avoid this resort,libertys restaurant just outside the complex amazing food wonderful owners defo go there,we hired a car too escape our days at the resort sandari is beautiful..This resort totally let's corfu down in a huge way!!..My advice to the owners close it down revamp it,sack the staff or retrain them in courtesy and manners a big must get a decent Greek chef who can cook various foods!!!..I'm not moaning because I'm English ppl will say has I've been too many countries and experienced alot of amazing places and seen what 4star means this place is 2star at a push so don't waste your money here like we did!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Jedidyke
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The guests that claimed Shaggy and Gala were rude....... Just because they were messing about " having a laugh" with all the guests and just generally making it a fun time and these people didn't win everything they didn't like it.... my word its a holiday and a laugh... you are not going to win a car or an all expenses paid holiday so i don't get why you put this... we were there every night and did not witness them being insolent or rude!!!!!
DO NOT BELIEVE THESE REVIEWS

The whole team and there are 4 of them work hard trying to entertain us all day and night, they get 1 day off and not always a full day and night too cos they have a Greek night and they come and do the mic and music for that.. they work hard.

I had a fab week and don't think its fair to tell lies about people at all. They made us laugh so much every day and kept us all entertained. Food was good, drinks fantastic, bit dated in the rooms but overall very clean and a bargain of a holiday.
Met some lovely people who we will keep in touch with and would go back to this hotel as the area is quiet and beautiful too....

1  Thank holidayblues_12
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My trip to Corfu was amazing. Me and my boyfriend stayed here in the Cyprotel Almyros Natura and it was great. Our room was very basic, but had everything we needed, bath, shower, fridge, hairdryer etc, it wasnt like we spent much time in the bedroom because there was so much to see so we only used it to get ready in and sleep.
The food was lovely, with a large choice every day. The pool area was beautiful with a large swimming pool, however you did need to get up quite early to reserve a sun lounger as they did get taken up very quickly.
The atmosphere of the hotel was always welcoming and lively thanks to the amazing Entertainment team, Shaggy, Gala, Lizze and Veronika. My first day by the pool all of them intorduced them selves to me and made me feel at home and comfertable, offering various different sports and activities to join in during the day. I have to disagree with some of the negative comments made towards Shaggy and gala. I found they were both very polite, they made effort to speak to us and invlove us in activites etc. They never made me feel unwelcome, and I would always see them interacting with others trying to make everyone feel comfertable and join in with sports. The evening shows were always fun and very entertaining, again down to the animation team, they involved everybody, never excluded people out of the shows, and encouraged people to join in. Even though im a very shy person, I took part in a few evening shows and I was never made to feel humiliated or hurt by any comments, this again was thanks to how comfertable i was made to feel. I made good friends with the entertainment team and I would like to thank them all for making my holiday even better. They are great at their jobs and what they do, by fair the best entertainment team I have ever seen.

5  Thank Gemma T

Dear Guest,

We thank you for chosing our hotel for your holidays!
A special thanks for the wonderful review and honest opinion.
WE will take every remark very seriously as we do with all the reviews and ensure our guests that we constantly upgrade our product and services.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon back in one of our hotels.

Tha Cyprotel Almyros Beach team

Reviewed 25 July 2012

food great,tried all the different dishes offered.rooms basic but clean fridge in room a godsend ,along with air conditioning.hotel staff very pleasent.my wife and i just wanted a break from all the rain.booked this last minute.then read some of the reviews we were convinced we had made a big mistake,to late to change, money paid details confirmed by email.stress,stress. we had a great time,all stress disappeared as first day unfolded.everyone we spoke to had good things to say about the hotel.book this hotel you will enjoy it.

5  Thank ramberlers
Reviewed 23 July 2012

OK it's not the Ritz but all I can say it was the most relaxing and peacefull holiday destination I have found for a long time. I was there with my 2 boys aged 9 and 14 and all I can say is we enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. For a start I had to remind myself the small amount I paid for the 3 of us on AI. A bargain if ever there was 1. Rooms were clean and spacious with good service. Food was not brilliant for the kids but always a happy and friendly restaurant. Pleanty of salad and greek type food. The attempt of UK syle food was the usual Greek way of luke warm and pretty tasteless. My boys are pretty good complainers and moaners when it comes to food - guess what they did not complain once even though it was not to their likimg - why is that? I think they just enjoyed the laid back friendly atmosphere so much that they forgot how to complain and moan.

The location is pretty special if you like to be away from it all. A short taxi ride to the nearest small town was only 6 euro and worth the visit. Sea views are stunning with a sunset out of a movie scene.

Swimming pool is big and clean with no real rush for sunbeds - again no hassle! Amination team were friendly without being in your face but were sometimes funny enough. Shaggy the head guy puts in a lot of effort - but a warning to kids who like to disrupt the evening entertainment - Shaggy takes not noncsence!!

So overall a relaxing holiday - not stylish, no endless shops, no loud music, no drunks, no neds - just a good atmosphere in a lovely place. I loved it and my boys loved it and would go back. I can assure you we have been in some exotic places in our time. No this was not exotic - just Greece hospitality at it's best and excellent value. Sure there are a few easy changes that could be made to improve things (food choice, soft drink quality, snacks) but who cares it was cheap and had everything we needed and more. So keep your real 4 star hotels and give me more of the Almyros Natura - it's the attitude that counts!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Martin123_11
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I am sure that we weren't the only people to pay less than £300 for a weeks holiday in June? Knock off the flight - leaves you £150 [tops] to pay for accomodation and the AI option. Anyone tried to get a Travelodge in London for £21 a night...with all your drinks and food thrown in?? [If you did please let me know where!]
To continue....this isn't the best hotel in Greece, but NONE of us paid for the best, so for us it was the perfect weeks break. Somewhere to put your head, and get R and R. Yes the rooms are tired and dated but clean. The hotel had only been open a week [under new management] when we stayed. There were a few teething problems with the hot water - but we were moved without question to another room when we asked at reception.
The pool is lovely, agreed have to be up early to get a sunbed....nothing different to any other BUDGET priced holiday anywhere on the med or agean!
My son a chef, holidayed with us, was very impressed with the food - saying it was nigh on impossible to run a kitchen doing meals for so many, three times a day and was very happy with the food served. OK a lot wasn't freshly prepped but in his words "I wouldn't want to head that kitchen, once you stop serving one sitting your prepping for the next " he also added that the food was without doubt the best he had eaten in similar hotels. You had to be fussy not to be able to eat something different every day. Yes chips were available at every meal [including breakfast] but i think that says more about us Brits than the hotel .. after all they were only providing what they think we liked to eat and i saw plenty of Brits eating chips at breakfast! Didn't have a problem with snacks as ate more than enough 3 times a day to not need anything inbetween!
The hotel is situated in the middle of nowhere but there is Sidari one side and the beautiful Kassiopi to the other - to us it was exactly as advertiesd quiet and tranquil.
One criticism, soft drinks choice was poor, no diet drinks [poor for diabetics] and never been anywhere that didn't have tonic water on tap [but we had a car so no problem going to the next village to stock the fridge]
AI finishing at 11 wasnt a problem, you could as many did "stock pile" drinks or think this was a blessing and you were going to get an early night knowing that you would be able to get to sleep without the late hours bar disturbing you.
All in all, clean but dated, peaceful and relaxing, not 4* but not 4* price either - think those that complained have too high an expectation for the price they paid and have heard from others what 4* plus holiday are like but just cant quite afford them!
The staff couldnt have been more helpful - agreed there were a couple of miserys at the outside bar but hey...get over it, I was on holiday and chilled so wouldnt let that bother me!
I would definitely come back here for a weeks break for the same price ... beats Kings Cross travelodge any day!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lelren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acharavi
Mareblue Beach Resort
Hotel Magna Graecia
#5 of 15 in Dassia
Blue Princess Beach Hotel & Suites
Aeolos Beach Resort

Been to Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL? Share your experiences!