“Three stars on a good day”

and 1 more site!
Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Acharavi
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently spent two weeks at this resort, between 2 and 16 august. What can I say? It was not bad, mostly because we decided to enjoy it whatever happens.

First the good things: the sea and the general position of the hotel is wonderful, the personnel nice.

Now, if you have an image of a 4 stars hotel with all inclusive service as you would have in Crete or Rhodes, you are in for a disappointment.

The hotel is ready for a thorough rennivation, the rooms all have signs of rain having leaked on a few occasins. In our room the sy, the phone was out of order, the air conditioning noisy, the fancy bathtub with bubbles not working.

The food was at the level of a better factory eatery, salt seemed to be an especially tough problem for the cook - he never managed to get it right. On the other hand the soft drinks were consistently oversugared to the point of being undrinkable.

Renting a car was a nightmare - first they showed up with an hour of delay. then at the second attempt the car had technical problems making our trip around Korfu on beautiful but demanding roadsmresemble a russian roulette at times.

The wifi is offered for a stiff price but turned out that the password was not working and no one in the hotel knew how to fix it.

So, al in all, great location, good personnel ( except the kitchen) struggling to make a bad establishment work. They succed in most of the days - but the cost/benefit ratio is definitely poor for guests.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sandor B
Giorgos M, eCommerce at Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

It is a privilege when our customers dedicate some of their time to inform us about various incidents regarding positive or negative experiences during their accommodation with Cyprotels Hotels & Resorts.

We feel very sorry and responsible that we didn't met your expectations. We will make sure that your comments regarding your Room and the food will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved.

Please feel free to contact us directly on our website form if you feel there is more we can do in regards to your review.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

After booking the holiday I stumbled across the reviews and began to worry but luckilly I didn't need to. The hotel room was clean, spacious and perfect for us. The animation team were excellent, all of them were friendly and provided great entertainment. It was great being able to literally walk out of the hotel and be virtually on the beach. All of the staff were helpful and the excursions were good. I'm not sure if we were just lucky looking at other reviews but we had a great experience with this hotel. I never normally review holidays but after the bad reviews I had to share my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank AntHud89

Thank you for your recent choice in Cyprotel Almyros Natura Hotel and for taking the time to write this review.

We cannot thank you enough for the kind words you have towards our hotel facilities, staff and generally your stay it is this fantastic feedback which keeps all of the staff here at Cyprotel Almyros Natura Hotel motivated.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the Cyprotel Almyros Natura Hotel soon. Please feel free to email us prior to your next arrival with any specific requests you may have and be assured that we will do our best to satisfy all your requests.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have been to this hotel for the second year running this year. The hotel is beginning to become run down and the food is far to repetitive. The towels were changed once in 10 days. The animation team were fantastic, apart from marther and eiva who did not do anything and did not interact with any of the visitors and this was mentioned by alot of holiday makers. The hotel is in a lovely setting but is seriously let down by people not investing for its future. If it was not for Micky and the rest of the team the hotel would be a flop

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Etty14

We will make sure that your comments will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved. We feel sorry for the fact that you didn't get what you are expecting to get. We always try to improve our services and make your accommodation pleasant.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We read all the reviews before travelling and were EXTREMELY apprehensive......
However - our room was very basic, but perfectly positioned. Block 16, quiet and near the back of the grounds. Cleaning of the room was very unpredictable. I'm not sure if the bed covers were actually ever changed? I had to find and ask a cleaner on our 5th day for new towels, but she said she didn't have enough to change them all!!! The bath was awful and leaked all over the floor every time it was used.
The food was ok! We always found something different to eat, and we have a 4 and 8 year old that never struggled or complained. The dining room was always ridiculously crowded, so we tried to sit outside as much as possible. My ONLY real complaint is for the dining room management. My 4 year old sliced her knee open on the corner of a chair. On inspection it was ripped and had a sharp metal edge on the corner. I called the dining room manager over to show him and complain / ask for a new chair and plaster for my little girl. He took one look at the chair/ my daughter and turned and WALKED OFF!! I went to complain again to reception but they just said they'd report it. The chair was never removed during our time there!!!
On another occasion, it was absolutely heaving in the dining room. No tables to sit at! They ran out of ALL plates, and 3 dishes (pizza, pasta, and chips) were all gone. The hotel manager happened to walk through, so I called him over and questioned as to why everything had gone? He also just turned and walked away ignoring my question!!!
We also tried to ask (hitler- blonde haired female receptionist) for a complaint form as all of our swimwear had been ruined by the pool, and my husbands is expensive designer shorts. Everything had been turned a bright yellow / green and started to disintegrate the linings. Her response was extremely aggressive calling me a liar!!! Finally she handed me a large complaints book, told me to fill it out and the management (joke in itself) would read it and respond. Obviously I heard no more....
However on a massive positive, the position by the beach is amazing, the grounds are fantastic, and the animation team are so amazing and hard working. They bother but don't hassle you. Always so happy, helpful and welcoming. So much so I actually shed a tear when leaving :-(
It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to a 4 star hotel, a basic 3 at best!!!! It would be extremely interesting to see who classed it as a 4 star and when it got that????
However if it was re advertised and priced accordingly as a 3 star then YES I would return...... But mainly thanks to mickey, jana and team. Let's hope the hotel NEVER let's them leave.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank SarahTwiggStAlbans

It is sad to read through your response and we feel responsible for the fact that you didn’t get what you were expecting. Since this happened, we will examine what we can do in order not to experience similar incidents again.

About your comments regarding the rooms are being serviced every day except on Sunday which we do a light cleaning. Sheets and towels are replaced also every second day but if you need a clean one you can ask at the reception desk and in the afternoon the cleaning lady can provide to you a clean one. We passed your comments about the dining manager to the hotels general manager and he will take all the necessary actions in order to avoid such an incident again

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Firstly the telephone number for the hotel doesn't seem to be correct. Had my iPhone stolen the day we checked out. But had some lovely photos of the maid and her family/ friends awaiting for me on my iPad when I returned home. Have emailed the manager to no reply as of yet. But I am prepared to get back on a flight and go to the local police with my photos. Just because I live in the UK doesn't mean it's the last you have seen of me ! Maybe if I stand in reception with the proof they have staff that seem th think they can take whatever they want then they will save me the job of calling the police. I will not let this be brushed under the carpet. Reply to my emails or you will see me soon.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything of value In any room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lesleywatson72

we feel responsible for what happens to you and we would like to help you to take back your phone
Our hotel manager has send you a private email with his telephone number and his email asking for contact so he can help you but he didn't get any answers so far! If some customers have any evidence for any member of our staff , we will really appreciate if they sent them to us by a private email so we can get some actions and give them to the local police .

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We recently returned from a weeks stay here. We arrived late at night and were greeted by a really friendly older gentleman on reception, he checked us in and offered us food and drinks in the restaurant. We had a room for three people which consisted of two beds and a camp bed, not what we had expected. The room was very dated and the bathroom was filthy, there was mould growing around the jets in the bath (safe to say none of us had a bath!) There were several days the room wasn't cleaned, when it was it looked no different afterwards except the beds being made and the towels changed!

The whole hotel needs some serious money spending on it, as its in such a beautiful setting it could be amazing! The pool and surrounding area was the best part of the hotel, the pool appeared to be cleaned every morning. The pool bar however left a lot to be desired, with them constantly running out of drinks. There was a really nice lady with curly hair there (never got her name) she was always really smiley! The rest of them basically didn't want to be there, which you can't blame them for as they hadn't been paid for two months.

The food and service in the restaurant was terrible. I have survived on feta cheese, salad and watermelon for a week (great place to start a diet!!!). There was no difference in the taste between any of the meats on offer, one day we even picked up some chicken that was completely pink and cold on the inside. The desserts were the same everyday, beware the ice cream although it was quiet nice, the water for the scoops hadn't been changed the entire week we were there. The bread isn't too bad either! Most days there was a fight for cake at 5pm from the pool bar, as people were starving hungry! There was only one waiter with dark hair that smiled and acknowledged us the entire week, he was really nice and was based on the outside tables downstairs. The drinks were all exactly the same in the machine, just basically syrup and soda water, was ok on the first day but went downhill. The cocktails all tasted the same, i restored to walking 30 minutes to buy beers from up the road instead!

There was a nice barman at the main bar, i believe his name was Theo he always had a smile and was willing to make whatever you wanted! The young guy with blonde hair on reception was nice as well, and recommended places to visit in the main town. The animation team all worked really hard trying to get people involved, they appeared to be working 12 hour days but still had a smile last thing at night. They all took time to talk to us as well, and were a lovely bunch. They took us out to the main town one night as well, which we all really enjoyed!

We heard of people having stuff stolen from their rooms, however we uncounted none of this. It's really not a 4* hotel, but could be with some work. Try paying your staff as well!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SophEaton

We feel very sorry and responsible that we didn't met your expectations.
We want to say about your comments regarding the robberies we have to say all our staff was shocked! After having repeatedly meetings we increased the security around the complex! Everytime somebody from the staff was asked to go through an investigation they agreed voluntary! All the times when somebody reported a loss we went through this procedure but nothing was found! You need to understand that corfu is a small community and nobody would take the risk to be stigmatized! We always told to our guests to go to the police station and report the robbery! We even took them the most of the times there so they could get the police report!
We must admit that we were very surprised to hear your negative comment regarding our usually very highly praised cuisine. In the past few months, we have mainly received excellent reviews from other guests who truly admired the good quality, freshness, variety and particularly the big selection of our food on offer. We offer at least 12 hot dishes every day. Detailed our menu is:
Monday: tomatosoup,pennes with chicken,spaghetti with tuner,rice,eggplants,veal in red sauce,broccoli,onionpie ,fish filet
Tuesday: potato soup,veggie soup,amartisiana pasta, okra in red sauce, schnitzel,meatpie,mashed potatoes, roast beef, oven roasted pagasius fish,mixed vegetables, fried potatoes.
Wednesday: minestrone soup, leeksoup, taliatelen with see fruits, 2kinds of pizza, toscanian caneloni, florentian pork, ciciliana pagasius, risotto, lamb with spinach
Thursday: fish soup,cream of vegetables soup, shrimps with spaghetti, leekpie, haddock in safran sauce, pork chops, meatballs, spaghetti putaneska, chicken in oven, sausages, peas in oil, potatoes in lemon sauce
Friday: chicken soup, carott soup,veggiepie, pasta in tomato sauce, risotto, veal pastitsada, rabbit with onions, haddock bourdeto, chicken souvlaki, beans, potatoes in oven
Saturday: goulashsoup, peas soup, pennes in mexican sauce, quiche lorraine,chicken filet, hamburger with potatoes, duck in orange sauce, rice with vegetables, veal youvetsi, fish spetsiota style,mixed vegetables,jacket potatoes
Sunday: fish soup, veggie soup, moussaka, veggiepie, soutzoukakia, fish filet in ouzo sauce, eggplants, mashed potatoes,pork souvlaki, grilled vegetables, rice in red sauce, potatoes in oven. About the temperature we can insure you that is checked every 15minutes and due to the size of consumption there was no time for the food to get cold. Also we would like to note that there are no leftovers that are being used again in our hotel. After every lunch everything that remains is being given to our staff.
Nevertheless, please rest assured that your remarks concerning the food will be reported to the Head Chef and our restaurant manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have recently returned from this hotel, 4 star it is not, an average 3 star at the most, with poor rooms, limited space in the restaurant, only 1 table for a family of 5, towels if your lucky and then only cleaned every few days. Staff are unhelpful and have the personality of a wet lettuce, especially the lady (and I use the word loosely) with long dark hair on reception, I don't believe I have ever come across such a rude and arrogant receptionist in my whole life!!!

And I save the best until last, thieves in abundance!!

On arrival at 12.30am on Saturday 25th July we were told that the connecting rooms we had booked for our family of 5 (3 of which are children) was not available and we had to have two separate rooms which weren't located together! Too tired to deal with at the time we took the rooms for the night to sort out in the morning.

On returning to reception the next morning I asked if we could be moved as we needed to be together as a family and was told to go back later that day and they would see what they could do. Needless to say several attempts and days later I was told that we could move to an interconnecting room on Tuesday, 4 days after we arrived....

Snack bar, what snack bar, there wasn't one, unless you counted a stale ham & cheese sandwich! The soft drinks were unrecognisable, the coke was like thick treacle and the other drinks were very hit and miss.

After a few days into our holiday unfortunately my husband become extremely ill and we had to call the doctor out, I went to reception and asked for them to call the doctor, the "lady" on reception with the long dark hair and bad attitude was unbelievably rude and intolerant of me, she was extremely unhelpful and completely unsympathetic. She made the call after many sighs and told me that the doctor would be with me within 20 minutes. After waiting 2 hours I went back to reception to enquire when the doctor would be coming as my husband was getting worse, she turned around and bluntly told me that the doctor would be there when she arrived and that I just had to wait! I asked if she could call and check an updated time, of which she replied "no go back to your room and I will send her when she arrives"!! Luckily the young chap who was also on reception intervened and told her to call the doctor, he then informed that she had been delayed and he would ensure she was sent to our room as soon as she arrived.

A few days later whilst my husband was still ill we returned back to the room to discover both my children's ipads and iPhone had been stolen, we couldn't believe it as we had locked all the doors prior to leaving just 20 minutes prior. I went to reception to report the incident and the receptionist said "This is not possible, it could not happen". I said it has and it appears the cleaners have left the door open.... Our only option was to go the police station and report it which was 10 miles away in a remote village and my husband who was still unwell was left stranded there in the midday heat.

Unfortunately he was taken to hospital In an ambulance the next day and had to stay in for two days, in which time it transpired that 4 other families had their ipads stolen, all of which were on the ground floor and without any forced entry and just after the cleaners had been!! The incidents must have been from within and the lack of responsibility or even care from the management and hotel staff was inconceivable...

This is by far the worse holiday I have ever been on and I would certainly not recommend it.

And to the thieves who stole my children's Christmas presents, thanks for spoiling our yearly holiday....

Holman Family from South Wales

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa H

We feel very sorry and responsible that we didn't met your expectations.
The hotel manager always talked with the victims and tried to find an answer! Also visited the police station after the third incident and asked for their help! We passed your comments about the staff that you mentioned to the hotels general manager and he will take all the necessary actions in order to avoid such an incident again

Cyprotels Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Acharavi
San Antonio Corfu Resort
Almyros Villas Resort
Almyros Villas Resort
#9 of 19 in Acharavi
Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel

Been to Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL? Share your experiences!