After a pleasant welcome, we traipsed up the hill to to our apartment. We instantly noticed how well the grounds were kept, and how everyone seemed to have smiles on their faces. It's a nice place to be.
As everyone mentions, there is a steep-ish hill, and some steps, to get to many of the apartments. Not an issue for us; if anything, it justified eating such gargantuan portions each evening, but I do understand that some may find it daunting.
Our apartment was large, and frankly immaculate. We had a large shaded terrace, which protected us from the searing heat, and helped keep the place cool. Some of the fixtures were a little dated, but they just added to the charm! It was well equipped; everything we needed was there, and we couldn't have wanted for any more.
The pool area is also well tended, with plenty of sunbeds available at all times, and a little poolside bar that offered tasty snacks and pretty reasonably priced drinks, always with a smile. A mixture of nationalities as well as families/couples made for a pleasant experience, and the kids seemed remarkably well behaved! Overall, everyone in the hotel seemed to make an effort, and this didn't go unnoticed.
Breakfast was varied each day, was replenished often, and there was plenty to set you up for the day ahead. The less said about the coffee, though, the better!
All in all, no complaints at all. A beautiful setting, away from the main drag, but with everything on your doorstep. The beach is a short stroll, and has some nice (and not so nice) places to eat/drink. The sunsets along this stretch of coast are quite something, but those in search of sand might be a little disappointed. Roda is about half an hour away by foot, and the beach there was very nice, but the place is far more package holiday oriented than Acharavi - Roda-On-Sea, if you will. Sidari, further up the coast, takes this notion to the extreme.
We'll come back to Acharavi some day, and you can't give a greater endorsement than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Run Property All Hotel Rooms very specious, Great Swimming pool. Lime PoolBar & Grill with a large selection of meals. A la carte "Kumquat restaurant". Departure and arrival transfers at extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century Resort Villas Hotel Acharavi
- Century Resort Corfu/Acharavi