Booked the resort through a discount promotion so it was cheap. Having read reviews just before leaving was prepared for a few disappointments and wasn't let down. However the good bits are:
1. Reception staff were available and helpful.
2. Apartment was spacious and generally clean even if the furniture was basic.
3. Shower was reliable (over bath but attached).
4. Location was close to bars and restaurants of Acharavi.
5. Main swimming pool was clean and the water temperature was very refreshing.
6. Local restaurants were good as regards both quality of food and value.
Unfortunately the good was demonstrably outweighed by the bad. After the first night we did not eat in the restaurant again. Not only was the food tepid and tasteless, the sight of a little boy picking up food off the floor and putting it back in the serving pan typified the attitude to hygiene. The restaurant was rammed and lack of cutlery, glasses etc was a common feature. The bar service at busy times was nonchalant at best. The gardens were overgrown and tatty. We did not sample the entertainment but from what we could see there was precious little going on. There seemed to be more Brits than any other nationality but Germans appeared to be given priority.
We were fortunate to be able to hire a car for a few days and see some of the island as well as take a day trip to Albania. We have fond memories of the holiday but I shudder to think what those recollections would have been if we had been confined to the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Gelina Village Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gelina Village Hotel Acharavi
- Gelina Village Hotel And Resort
- Gelina Village Hotel & Resort Corfu/Acharavi