The grounds at this Hotel deserve 4 stars, the Wellness area gets 5 stars, the Hotel management 2 stars, the breakfast 2 stars and the service just makes it up to 2 stars. This Hotel will not see us again. There is only one service on pool that starts at 11:00. She has to serve the whole area alone. She tries her best but sometimes you will have to wait 45 minutes to get something to drink. We arrived early in the morning and our rooms were ready. We asked two months ahead of time to get three rooms close to each other towards the beach area. What we got was the rooms farthest from the beach, next to the parking lot. You can´t get any farther away from everything. The rooms were all dark with no sun light getting even near to the rooms. We also asked for modern rooms. These rooms were the oldest that we have seen in the last 10 years. All our rooms were dark, cold and damp. The one ( and only) closet, not really big enough for two people was moldy, and smelled very damp. The cleaning crew hasn´t looked inside for the last year. Dust, mildew and wetness is the only thing you find in these ancient closets. The bathroom is one that you would expect in any good 2 star hotel. Useable but not fancy. The beds are typical for normal Greek hotels but not for a 4 star hotel. There was also a cabinet in the living room area but because of the dampness we couldn´t open any of the drawers.
The biggest problem in this Hotel was the Management. The Manager was informed on our second day, that we had a very sick cat living on our balcony. He said that he would look into this. The next day we still didn´t hear anything, the next day we asked again. Still nothing happened. The only reaction from the Manager was, that he personally removed any food or water that the poor animal had. Our friend called the local Vet after 8 days and was told that no one called. It is not our idea of a great vacation watching a poor animal die before our eyes. We could hear this cat coughing and sneezing all night, right out side our balcony door.
The Balcony also needs to be described. Our great view, in this great Hotel for our money was a cooling unit and two big trees ( that blocked any view and any light).
We were picked up at 2 am because of our early flight and no one from the hotel was to be found. The lobby was locked, no breakfast, no refreshment, nothing. You really feel at home in this hotel ( almost like one of the family )
Thanks for the great Holiday - never again!
p.s. The manager once made a mistake while talking to another person. He said " Um Gottes Willen sagen sie bloß nicht Deutscher zu mir. This is strange considering the fact that maybe 90% of his guests are German.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The leading country club in Greece situated right on 8 km of sandy beach interspersed with pebbles. Part of an old country estate and surrounded by parklike subtropical gardens this resort has a country house atmosphere.Because of the quiet ambience not suitable for children under 12 y.o.a.. A guest village with 89 studios, junior suites, suites and apartments in traditional island style. All airconditioned and with fridge, coffee- and tea-making equipment, safe, satellite tv. Fine beachside restaurant with international, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Vegetarian dishes available. Crystal clear pools: freshwater outdoor pool, heated sea-water indoor pool, jacuzzi. Wellness spa, fitness room, massages etc.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, LoveHolidays and Agoda so you can book your St. George's Bay Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George Bay Country Club Hotel Acharavi
- St. George's Bay Country Club Corfu/Acharavi