Songtsam Linka Shangri-la
Banyan Tree Ringha(Shangri-La County)
US$329
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Hotel(Shangri-La County)
Hotel Wonderland(Shangri-La County)
TripAdvisor
Hilton Garden Inn Shangri-La(Shangri-La County)
TripAdvisor
Shangri-la Old Town Hotel(Shangri-La County)
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Lancy Centre(Shangri-La County)
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Zhaxidele Hotel(Shangri-La County)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstibetan restauranttibetan styleginger teahomemade cookiesbeautiful hoteltroutmorning yoga classchinese groupegg stationbuddhist templedolmawood stovelocal tibetanunique experiencelocal staffwestern optionsshower and toilet
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is a special place. Located in sight of Tibetan monastery and surrounded by peaceful countryside. It is well designed with Western needs kept in mind but never forgetting its Tibetan location. The rooms are large and well furnished. I found the futon type mattresses on raised platform to be a little difficult for my aged knees but very comfortable for sleeping once I got down to them! The bathrooms were gorgeous and good power to the showers. We sampled the spa facilities and found them equal to some hotels in big cities as to service and performance. The dining was very nice. Breakfast was good and varied for both Western and Eastern tastes. Dinner choices were interesting and delicious. Location was a little far for walking to town but monastery easy to reach. Terrific place!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Went there for the Tibetan horse festival, had a great time there. This hotel is superbly located right behind the Monastery. I stayed at its standard room which does not have a balcony or terrace. I recommend to book at least the Superior room which has nice terrace overlooking the village and the monastery. Its staff are very pleasant and friendly. The breakfast is decent, but i would wish they have more items to choose from.

Room Tip: Some rooms has lots of steps or stairs. if you have problem with it, please make it clear up front to the hotel staff, so that you can get a more accessible room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

we had a meeting here, thanks to our GM, about 3 days. we were impressed by the beautiful view of hotel firstly. It was so clean and beautiful. the food and beverage in hotel were good as well. but most important thing which shocked me a lot is their service. all staff are so warm and initiative. you were easily to find that they are so happy and satisfactory to work there and help guests. then, you were so easily influenced, and you would feel so happy as well.

well, I would like to say, that would be our 2nd home wich is in Shangri-LA.

Room Tip: I suggst you choose rooms which are located at higher place, through that means you need move a little bit more and to fight with “acute high altitude disease”, but don't worry, it was quite worth because of views you would see. and after first 2 nights, you will live as usual.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We would definitely recommend this hotel for travellers--The rooms were clean and quite nice--unique, as our bed was on a 'platform' about 12 inches from the floor, the mattress was on the platform. It gave you a feeling of being in the region. The hotel empoyees were very friendly, even if their engish could be limited. I needed some help with an airplane booking and the manager, Patrick, was very helpful as were two of the other emloyees. They helped make arrangements, which when flying Chinese airlines can be difficult. The breakfast and dinner were fine. They even brought oxygen to our room the first day, which was a big help. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 13 June 2013

With my previous experience in Tibet an Lijiang, Yunnan, I was not very excited when my boss told me our conference would be held in Shangri-la. I stayed in Luxurious hotels in Tibet and Lijiang, but the service was disappointing. I believe it is because of the remote location, it is difficult to maintain an international service standard there. But Songtsam Retreat at Shangri-La proved me wrong.
The night when we arrived at the airport, we were warmly welcomed by the staff from the hotel, two young nice guys, explaining us about the city on the way to the hotel. Arriving at the hotel, I was surprised by the hospitality and professionalism of the receptionists. The next morning, breakfast was arranged in a clean and orderly way, with enough choices from Chinese, Western and Tibetan food. During the two days conference, we were attended frequently by well trained staff serving ginger tea.
The hotel room is clean, well organize, with all the modern facilities while decorated as typical Tibetan style. There is a small fireplace inside, looks pretty and cozy. The hotel locates with walking distance to Songtsam Tibetan temple, easy for a nice afternoon walk.
Everything was perfect during my 4 days stay. They even provide nice French food at the western restaurant. Do not miss the pork and chicken, the taste is much better then from the cities.
I admire the hard work of the hotel management. Many of the staff people are local minorties, Chinese is not their mother tough and yet they communicate perfectly well in English. You can surely feel the warmth when they greet you.
If you want to have an excursion, it is good to rent a hotel car. I was attending the conference but my colleague told me the driver from the hotel is nice and he knows so much about Shangri-la and Tibetan Buddhism. The hotel may also arrange a Tibetan home visit together with dinner, nice culture experience.
I shall recommend this hotel without hesitation and am now planning a trip next year with my husband there.

Room Tip: If your budget is sufficient, try the suite, fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business