Overall, the hotel setting is spectacular and the rooms are top notch. What I could not get over was the one road leading to the hotel. It is under construction, and while this is not the fault of the hotel, they have put zero contingencies in place. Our driver got stuck in the mud, and we were stranded for over an hour and in the end had to walk the last part of the way. If you're going to call yourself a 5 star hotel and charge $40 for 2 eggs for breakfast, you should have a Jeep at the ready for your guests.
Don't go to this hotel until the road is complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most secluded hideaways in the world, Shangrila is a remote paradise hidden in a Tibetan valley. Surrounded by snow capped mountains, Banyan Tree Ringha is nestled within this fabled valley, offering awe-inspiring views and experiences within a tranquil retreat. Leave the modern world behind and step into a land of great beauty and peacefulness. At the Banyan Tree Ringha, the feeling of exotic isolation converges with all the comforts of a pampering resort stay. Discover all that Ringha has to offer with the "Spirit of Shangrila" program. Designed as an all-inclusive package, the program covers the best tours and treks in the area. With transport, meals and accommodation taken care of, as well as a local guide to show you around, all you have to do is to relax, enjoy, and take in the beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Ringha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ringha Hotel Shangri-La County
- Banyan Tree Ringha Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan