I've stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world and this ranks at the very top. Each room is a two-story converted traditional Tibetan house. WOW Factor: check.
The interior is GORGEOUSLY decorated with Tibetan artifacts, a wooden tub, and beautifully ornate Tibetan furniture. Stunning Interior: check.
The staff was incredibly helpful and kind, attending to our every need: Fabulous Service: check.
Truly a beautiful place that I would LOVE to go back to.
The only thing I wasn't impressed by was the breakfast buffet -- I found the range and options somewhat lacking for a 5-star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most secluded hideaways in the world, Shangrila is a remote paradise hidden in a Tibetan valley. Surrounded by snow capped mountains, Banyan Tree Ringha is nestled within this fabled valley, offering awe-inspiring views and experiences within a tranquil retreat. Leave the modern world behind and step into a land of great beauty and peacefulness. At the Banyan Tree Ringha, the feeling of exotic isolation converges with all the comforts of a pampering resort stay. Discover all that Ringha has to offer with the "Spirit of Shangrila" program. Designed as an all-inclusive package, the program covers the best tours and treks in the area. With transport, meals and accommodation taken care of, as well as a local guide to show you around, all you have to do is to relax, enjoy, and take in the beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Ringha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ringha Hotel Shangri-La County
- Banyan Tree Ringha Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan